Manual Z delivery delays

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
I have a manual Proto Z that has been at the port of Los Angeles for at least 6 weeks. My dealer has given me no reason for the delay. Today my salesperson told me confidently that most manual Z's are on a sales hold.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
There seems to be an issue with 2nd gear grind on the MT cars, it could be that causing the delay, although I'm not sure

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Hasn't shipping recently become expensive due to diesel shortages? Maybe Nissan is too broke to pay the higher costs of transport?

Difficult to know with Nissan, they have terrible customer relations.....

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Hasn't shipping recently become expensive due to diesel shortages? Maybe Nissan is too broke to pay the higher costs of transport?

Difficult to know with Nissan, they have terrible customer relations.....
wooo, you have really turned! ;)

OP
OP

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
This is probably a shot in the dark because I'm sure if anything could be said in a public manner it would have been by now, but @Dan_Passe anything you can share?
It would be best for Nissan to just be upfront about the issue, instead of being silent. Update your customers who have been waiting patiently for vehicles . I have owned 10 Nissan Z's in my years of driving, plus 6 other Nissan vehicles and I am tempted to leave this brand due to a lack of communication from this company.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
taco bell
This is probably a shot in the dark because I'm sure if anything could be said in a public manner it would have been by now, but @Dan_Passe anything you can share?
bwahahaha. This forum straight shot him in the head. He will not be back.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
It would be best for Nissan to just be upfront about the issue, instead of being silent. Update your customers who have been waiting patiently for vehicles . I have owned 10 Nissan Z's in my years of driving, plus 6 other Nissan vehicles and I am tempted to leave this brand due to a lack of communication from this company.
It's been a nightmare! Communication is all we need from Nissan, not just vague promises. It's OK to have problems on initial launch and cool that major issues did come up and hopefully resolved, but Nissan owes Z customers updates. We know what the Z is capable of, i.e. via tuners. Terrible customer relations!

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
It's been a nightmare! Communication is all we need from Nissan, not just vague promises. It's OK to have problems on initial launch and cool that major issues did come up and hopefully resolved, but Nissan owes Z customers updates. We know what the Z is capable of, i.e. via tuners. Terrible customer relations!
I would love the to know the legality of Nissan taking deposits and sitting on them for 8 months without a single update. the market conditions at the time of deposit compared to time of delivery are significantly different and in canada they are already advertising a price increase before a single car has been delivered. they are the only manufacture i have seen that has taken a deposit on a vehicle and released the number's but not locked their customers in. If they locked people in at time of price release I would of been ok waiting due to issue's but at this point it looks like nissan prioritized maximum profit and has choosen to deliver only to the USA well holding Canadian deposits and it blows my mind that this is legal. maybe its just my frustration getting the best of me but i really wish i never found out about this piece of garbage. current nissan canada finance rates are well over 8% ... not sure how anybody swallows that

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
taco bell
I would love the to know the legality of Nissan taking deposits and sitting on them for 8 months without a single update. the market conditions at the time of deposit compared to time of delivery are significantly different and in canada they are already advertising a price increase before a single car has been delivered. they are the only manufacture i have seen that has taken a deposit on a vehicle and released the number's but not locked their customers in. If they locked people in at time of price release I would of been ok waiting due to issue's but at this point it looks like nissan prioritized maximum profit and has choosen to deliver only to the USA well holding Canadian deposits and it blows my mind that this is legal. maybe its just my frustration getting the best of me but i really wish i never found out about this piece of garbage. current nissan canada finance rates are well over 8% ... not sure how anybody swallows that

Do not know Canadian law.... but Nissan does not have your deposit. Your dealer does. And they can hold it for a decade if they want.
Ask for it back if you have had enough? It is refundable.

Deposit just holds your place in line for when a dealer has said model. Does not mean they have to bring you inside the inner circle.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Lol that dude came in to hype everyone up before the launch event.......then peace'd the fuck out. Think that was like September 2019 or some shit i cant remember its been so long. He left everyone anticipating pricing and cars being sold in the spring LOL. Kinda funny thinking about it now. Actually nvm im crying

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Lol that dude came in to hype everyone up before the launch event.......then peace'd the fuck out. Think that was like September 2019 or some shit i cant remember its been so long. He left everyone anticipating pricing and cars being sold in the spring LOL. Kinda funny thinking about it now. Actually nvm im crying
So you're saying Dan took a "Passe". ;)