First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
It's 2022. They still can't make an automatic transmission that actually works? I call some sort of BS on this one :D
It goes. It just can't stay stopped.

Jagman2000

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jaguar XK8 Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Looks like we have another delay and this one may take some time to resolve. Stop sell / Auto Trans - roll away issue (article in Autoblog today).

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Looks like we have another delay and this one may take some time to resolve. Stop sell / Auto Trans - roll away issue (article in Autoblog today).
Yeah we're all well aware of this delay but glad Nissan finally admitted it publicly. As the article states, the stop sale in US was in effect from August 29th. It's unclear if it will be enforced in other markets where drivers are more familiar with the handbrake.

Stop sale.jpeg

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nissan should give in and put the ZF 8-speed in the Z for next model refresh, best auto trans out there, period!
I'd even be happy with the old Nissan 5AT (well, of course the Z deserves better at this price point) that was Nissan's best transmission ever. I've got a Titan with the 5AT, in 16 years it's never once been anything but on point. The 7AT in my Q, and by all accounts the new 9AT constantly do stupid shit.

It's unacceptable, but at least the 7AT is reliable.... I have learned to "live with it"

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'd even be happy with the old Nissan 5AT (well, of course the Z deserves better at this price point) that was Nissan's best transmission ever. I've got a Titan with the 5AT, in 16 years it's never once been anything but on point. The 7AT in my Q, and by all accounts the new 9AT constantly do stupid shit.

It's unacceptable, but at least the 7AT is reliable.... I have learned to "live with it"
My prev Xterra’s 5 spd AT never gave issues after 167k miles, just fluid changes.

1663781665890.jpeg

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
My prev Xterra’s 5 spd AT never gave issues after 167k miles, just fluid changes.

1663781665890.jpeg
The 5spd were perfected during the late 90s for many companies. The design of AT changed substantially after they add more gears. Toyota had issue with their 6AT from 2007 v6 camry and now able to scale-up to different AT. And Toyota was late into CVT, they didn't throw everything into a basket like Nissan did.

I think the issue with Nissan, a boutique company compare to Toyota giant, is they're contend with both CVT and 6AT+ issues at the same time---- just too much for a smaller company.