zwannabe

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
can't wait for mine, wanted to get the z to tide me over in the meantime but it might be futile with this markup and production halt.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
I'd expect these dealers to now add the "add-ons" like nitrogen in the tires for $750 and exterior protection $1250 (piece of plastic on door edge so you don't door ding someone else), no-name Lojack system for $2K, etc...let's see what happens.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Just returned from the dealership. They are fishing for 30k over msrp.
IMAGINE PAYING OVER $80,000 FOR A FUCKING Z.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
I am surprised people would actually pay ADM for this car. I already feel it is overpriced at $50k+ considering you can buy a Camaro SS 1LE for less and it comes with 55 more HP and 100 lb ft. more torque, Recaro seats, Tremec 6-speed, HUD, E-Diff, Dual mode exhaust, forged wheels, F1 Supercar tires, 6-piston Brembos, and all the extra cooling for the track.

I like the Z but I feel it is a $45k car in premium trim, which is probably what you could buy it for during normal times, but now we are at a time where ICE based sports car days are numbered and supply is constrained so I expect prices to remain high for a while.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
All them complaining when Nissan released Z pricing probably the ones would be willing to pay the exorbitant price
If the Proto comes in other colors (don't like yellow personally) with even minor perf upgrades, not just cosmetic, I might not mind paying $$ extra since those 240 units will be split up among few colors and transmission types, rarety will be way sweeter!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so to report back on my discussions with dealers today. called both twice and had to leave a message lol.

one called about an hour later, the other has yet to return my call. the salesman said the proto they had listed on line (w/vin #) was not actually at the dealership...it would arrive towards the end of next month!

they would discuss pricing later...

edit: almost forgot, she said she took down my info and would let me know when the 400z arrives 😂

Last edited:

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
They are calling everyone who has expressed interest and starting with crazy high priceing. I fully expect to get another call in a week when they drop the price a little.

But it is kinda strange going into these sales calls where I know so much more about the car than the sales team.