NissanZClub Markup Thread

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Banister Nissan of Chesapeake wants $20-$25k over sticker for this black Z.

fb84dce0f8cd4ad98d7de7048d7f67f5.jpg

before I realized it had blue interior I emailed on that car and got the same answer

vaden nissan and downtown nashville were also 20K over for their black Zs

if anyone wants to know the mark up of a black gunmetal or boulder gray Z in a 500 mile range of the NC/SC area just ask as I know them all by heart now lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
zwannabe

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
still no z for me in norCal, no dealer without a <10k markup, i'm going to visit my sister in FL and called a few dealers ovethere yesterday for a performance, one agreed 5k markup another 7.5K, (both started out with 10K), it seems 5k is the lowest. I plan to, if it comes to pass, road trip from FL back to norcal.

what do you guys think of the markup and the roadtrip ? advices, suggestions all are welcome.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
still no z for me in norCal, no dealer without a <10k markup, i'm going to visit my sister in FL and called a few dealers ovethere yesterday for a performance, one agreed 5k markup another 7.5K, (both started out with 10K), it seems 5k is the lowest. I plan to, if it comes to pass, road trip from FL back to norcal.

what do you guys think of the markup and the roadtrip ? advices, suggestions all are welcome.
Ive said this a bunch of times but my advice is to call a bunch of times but do not budge on your price. They'll know you're serious and you may get lucky and they will come down on price. I got a dealer down from 20k to 2k (not kidding) and pulled the trigger. I was persistent as hell which was very annoying and felt like a full time job but it worked out.

Keep at it, you never know what will happen.

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z

It cost me about $1500 to ship a car from the Northeast to the Southwest. Naturally, the dealer I found who was selling at MSRP was almost as far from me as geographically possible, but since minimum markups are/were $5,000, I figured I saved $3,500. If you ship it to your house, you'll have some time to get to know it and drive it on roads you already know well, too.

OP
OP
zwannabe

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for replying, congrats on your z, white looks fantastic and was one of my choices. White is so rare, there is only one among like 10 dealers near me. I'm going for the rosewood this time if it pans out, just because it's the one tha'ts available. I'd go with black, blue, gun metal, boulder, white.

i called and haggled a few times, maybe twice with the salesmen but invariably they just worn me out. I'm not good at their game. The only thing that i was able to do was not to give in to their ridiculous markup prices, so far.

But now i'm growing impatient and am thinking about this 5k markup in FL and the possible roadtrip back, would be so much fun driving the Z by yourself crosscountry comtemplating about life and its significance.

So with a 5K markup and 800 for some dubious predelivery fee that they won't waive. I may have to bite the ~6K markup. Opinions, suggestions welcome.

Where would you visit on the way back from FL ? I plan to at least stop by Texas visiting Spacex Starbase and Austin Tesla gigafactory , then Las Vegas for Venetian's new sphere? New Orlean seems like the place as well, is there a "house of the rising sun"?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

@jayhawk70 may have some good advice on road tripping in the Z - they had a great thread about it here

Which Nissan dealers in FL have you reached out to? I made contact with a ton of them while still living down there and on the hunt for a Z, can try to dig up contact info of sales folks I was in touch with and send along contact info if it's useful!

bruce_c

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z 2015 wrx 1967 gto 1928 pontiac
I had to wait 4 months to get one at MSRP. Only had to travel about 90 minutes to get it. Actually the dealers internet salesman told me about the car that was scheduled to come in , and I put a non-refundable deposit on it. Keep trying !

OP
OP
zwannabe

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i'm surprised that there are quite a few pp that can get their z with msrp. I haven't looked that far and congrats for your effort that paid off great for you.
edit: in norCal, it's impossible to have msrp, every dealer has markup, the one in hayward has 35k markup it's insane, others are ~10K. FL dealers seems to have ~10K + some dubious package add on, total ~12K markup but they are more amenable to negotiation than those in norCal, soCal is even worse with the ones that i tried, cerritos listed something like 88K for z performance.

Last edited:

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
i'm surprised that there are quite a few pp that can get their z with msrp. I haven't looked that far and congrats for your effort that paid off great for you.
edit: in norCal, it's impossible to have msrp, every dealer has markup, the one in hayward has 35k markup it's insane, others are ~10K. FL dealers seems to have ~10K + some dubious package add on, total ~12K markup but they are more amenable to negotiation than those in norCal, soCal is even worse with the ones that i tried, cerritos listed something like 88K for z performance.
As I mentioned, every dealer I contacted had huge markup. Just be persistent and you may get them down. Worst they can say is no.

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
I'd been looking for one on the Nissan website for a few weeks. My criteria were 6MT and red/gunmetal/gray/rosewood. I saw a dealer on the website about 1.5 hrs away who was supposed to be getting a Perf Rosewood w/ 6MT the following week. I called up the sales manager and asked if the car was a pre-order or otherwise spoken for, and he said no and that a deposit of $1500 would hold the car for me at MSRP. I promptly gave him my credit car info and picked up the car when it arrived at the dealer's the next week. It was their first, and to my knowledge, only Z. My advice is to search all the dealers out in the boondocks, where sports car buyers aren't a dime a dozen. My understanding is that dealers are allocated cars based on their sales figures, even if they sell mostly trucks and SUV's, and your Z-buying competition will be less.