West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I guess the cynical part of me would say sure as a dealer, we'll take your early down-payment, and make up a "contract" for a vehicle that doesn't yet exist in the system, and send it to Nissan ... whatever they will do with it. That would seem to me still kind of vapor, and contingent on some gentlemen's agreement between the parties.

But yeah at this point, maybe things have gotten more solid? The "Nissan contacting AU customers directly" thing for Proto versions sounds interesting. That could go some ways to locking things down and avoiding some dealer hijinks.

Ford tried an early "reservation" system with the Bronco. Which I predicted would bomb out, and to a large extent it did. That was due to the realities of the manufacturer/dealer regulations, including allocations. But maybe in AU the regulations are different, and Nissan can have a more direct and meaningful interaction with a customer.
Nissan Aus is supposedly contacting all orders, not just Protos. Rumour also has it if you have more than one order in the system, you will only be offered one car
Dealers will be made to keep their demos for nine months so they can’t upsell them either
well I suppose they could, but then they wouldn’t be offered another demo for 9months which would probably cost far more than they would make by selling one as people like to try before they buy

As I said pre orders officially opened in Sept, but they were still being ordered the same way as those ordered even earlier
that being ordered as 370Zs it’s only this last week or two that it changed from 370z to Z in the computer systems
however Nissan Aus did ask all dealers to double check ALL orders were correct around two months ago now.

It’s been a very strange roll out, and I get why people are sceptical
but again all I can say is despite ordering through my dealer earlier than pre orders, and people then ordering through the system but with the same dealer
my order is still the first non Proto order in their system, and this was confirmed last Friday.

I suppose it’s like the Canadian guys who got in before it officially opened there

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
... Rumour also has it if you have more than one order in the system, you will only be offered one car ...
I like the sound of that! A turn-off of the Ford Bronco scene, is certain people getting 2 (or in some cases 3 or 4) Broncos. While other people still can't get one, even if they made an early reservation nearly two years ago.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I don't work for Nissan or a dealership at all, but I can 100% confirm I've relayed exactly what was told to me by a licensed Nissan dealership in AU.

It also makes sense to me - AFAIK the cars are being made in Japan, which is not only pretty convenient for shipping to Australia, but we are also Right Hand Drive like them...
Don't get me wrong. I want me car this summer and I'm #3 and I'm pretty sure the two ahead of me are the heavy hitter GTR customers. I've stopped paying attention to most of the fake news around the Z release, but the only thing that makes me listen to my guy is he personally owns 4 Nissan Infiniti dealerships, his family has been in it with Nissan since the beginning and he sits on the Nissan National Advisory Council in Canada and spent a week this spring with the corporate leadership down in San Diego. He says production starts this month. Having said that...it would not surprise me if they called me at any time and said your cars here and I'd have to sell a Porsche Cayenne S asap after waiting around forever for solid intel on this car. lol.

those are fake z’s obviously 😂 i already tuned this guy out we dont even know who this council man is lol. Must be on the jedi council
I really do hope the universe is listening to you and you are right. If you are that means I'll be in a Bolder Gray MT while the good weather is still here. That's a nice thought. I think 6 months from now we will all look back on the back and forth of how Nissan jerked us around with no or inaccurate information. In the meantime, we'll believe anything to get our cars. I know I will.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
those are fake z’s obviously 😂 i already tuned this guy out we dont even know who this council man is lol. Must be on the jedi council
Again I hope you are right. But if anyone put a deposit down with any of the Applewood dealerships in Vancouver then you are dealing with the most untrustworthy dealer group known for spreading misinformation!

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Again I hope you are right. But if anyone put a deposit down with any of the Applewood dealerships in Vancouver then you are dealing with the most untrustworthy dealer group known for spreading misinformation!
Funny how you mention this, because we still dont know who this so called guy is? This guy is mentioning the aus market as well? This has nothing to do with the canadian market? The only person spreading misinformation is yourself lol. We have already seen deliveries of protos in guam/hawaii that was already sold. Canadian market different story who knows whats going on, but im not going to listen to a random guy that mentions another guy that apparently works with nissan canada(who didnt even know pricing)

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny how you mention this, because we still dont know who this so called guy is? This guy is mentioning the aus market as well? This has nothing to do with the canadian market? The only person spreading misinformation is yourself lol. We have already seen deliveries of protos in guam/hawaii that was already sold. Canadian market different story who knows whats going on, but im not going to listen to a random guy that mentions another guy that apparently works with nissan canada(who didnt even know pricing)
I am referring to the Canadian situation my friend. So far all the talk of freighters and Sea Cans secretly arriving on the West Coast of Canada have amounted to nothing. There is nothing random about what I am citing. Simply reporting from a source that actually hangs with Nissan Canadian and North American corporate leadership. And I've received my accurate pricing, my extra dealer options, and my financing rate and term. But hell...I am open to these secret freighters magically delivering my car at any point. Until that happens forgive me if I curb my expectations on pure speculation and the fantastic guesswork about trans pacific freighters carrying payloads of Z cars. That kind of misinformation is pure conjecture and unhelpful.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Ahh, I think you're referring to the to the carrier ship and transport spotting page. That was all speculation from the beginning anyways. A glimmer of hope. Something to keep an eye on and keep your fingers crossed. It was never anything official, or anything concrete. It was never meant to be. It was kind of something fun to kill time while we wait. Over the last two and some odd years everything Z related regarding production and delivery you have to learn to take with a grain of salt.

I wish Nissan was a little more transparent on the how's, what's and whens. Pre-orders through dealerships in January, the launch of the reservation system in February. Spring delivery, changed to summer delivery. Now probably going to assume late summer/fall delivery.

The only real official information we have ever received from Nissan is that the production was delayed about a month due to parts shortages and chip supply. In the Nissan Japan press pricing package. Pushing back potential deliveries to the July-Sept. time frame for all markets.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am referring to the Canadian situation my friend. So far all the talk of freighters and Sea Cans secretly arriving on the West Coast of Canada have amounted to nothing. There is nothing random about what I am citing. Simply reporting from a source that actually hangs with Nissan Canadian and North American corporate leadership. And I've received my accurate pricing, my extra dealer options, and my financing rate and term. But hell...I am open to these secret freighters magically delivering my car at any point. Until that happens forgive me if I curb my expectations on pure speculation and the fantastic guesswork about trans pacific freighters carrying payloads of Z cars. That kind of misinformation is pure conjecture and unhelpful.
Where in any of your posts you mention that you are mentioning canadian market? Im pretty sure i read the admin had to correct your confusion/mislead information to others. Secondly whats wrong with showing people actual facts of nissan vessels with scheduled deliveries of vehicles to its destinations? Speculation yes, already mentioned this but where did all those z’s being spotted go? These are facts not just some guy in a forum telling others hey i know this person and whatever other people are saying is wrong. I never told anyone that these vessels have z’s confirmed being on them no one knows but tell me how did guam and hawaii get the first deliveries out of no where? Clearly no one knows anything at this point and to say that others are incorrect/misleading is pretty funny

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where in any of your posts you mention that you are mentioning canadian market? Im pretty sure i read the admin had to correct your confusion/mislead information to others. Secondly whats wrong with showing people actual facts of nissan vessels with scheduled deliveries of vehicles to its destinations? Speculation yes, already mentioned this but where did all those z’s being spotted go? These are facts not just some guy in a forum telling others hey i know this person and whatever other people are saying is wrong. I never told anyone that these vessels have z’s confirmed being on them no one knows but tell me how did guam and hawaii get the first deliveries out of no where?
Check my location. I am in Canada. And the admin did not have to correct me. More misleading information. Hope you get your car.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Perhaps that was me going back and forth with West Aussie who I quite get on with. And the AUS and Canadians often post in each others forums and yes we should be more precise. However, your cut and paste does not substantiate anything about whether my information is accurate or not. What I do know is I made sure I went with a reputable dealer who has a history of selling a ton of GTRs and Z's and got an early pre-launch allocation before the reservation campaign. Let's all wish each other the speedy reception of our Z's. I'm looking forward to this one being my fourth Z.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Perhaps that was me going back and forth with West Aussie who I quite get on with. And the AUS and Canadians often post in each others forums and yes we should be more precise. However, your cut and paste does not substantiate anything about whether my information is accurate or not. What I do know is I made sure I went with a reputable dealer who has a history of selling a ton of GTRs and Z's and got an early pre-launch allocation before the reservation campaign. Let's all wish each other the speedy reception of our Z's. I'm looking forward to this one being my fourth Z.
yeah im saying hey just dont put down whatever the Aus guy said is incorrect, this is completely 2 diff markets.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I didnt't/don't see you sharing those information with us? (or maybe I missed it?)

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I didnt't/don't see you sharing those information with us? (or maybe I missed it?)
I have. It is redundant now and updates are scattered through the Canadian threads. The upshot is we all though we would have had a car well in hand now but unless these cars are somewhere hidden in our respective home ports then it seems we could be waiting for some time. All of us go off the last thing our dealership told us. Mine said production begins in July. First shipment is dealership cars for show only. This is specific to Canada...in case I'm leading anyone on internationally here.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Where in any of your posts you mention that you are mentioning canadian market? Im pretty sure i read the admin had to correct your confusion/mislead information to others. Secondly whats wrong with showing people actual facts of nissan vessels with scheduled deliveries of vehicles to its destinations? Speculation yes, already mentioned this but where did all those z’s being spotted go? These are facts not just some guy in a forum telling others hey i know this person and whatever other people are saying is wrong. I never told anyone that these vessels have z’s confirmed being on them no one knows but tell me how did guam and hawaii get the first deliveries out of no where? Clearly no one knows anything at this point and to say that others are incorrect/misleading is pretty funny
For my part, it's gotten to whenever I see yet another Z on a tractor trailer with Japanese chars, I feel like throwing a brick at the screen, lol.

Longing for the day we see a photo of a regular customer Z, on a trailer in some major market country USA/AU/CAN/etc. (And not on some small island in the Pacific). :)

1657048475261.png

Last edited: