West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Got call from my dealership today - expect to be driving my AU Z Proto before the end of July!

Well it's August, what happened? File another one under "dealer said"? :(
To be fair, I was the same when I was told Dec 21/Jan 22 a year and a bit ago.
I trusted, I believed….I’ve been disappointed on multiple occasions since, and I’m guessing still will be

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Got call from my dealership today - expect to be driving my AU Z Proto before the end of July!

I responded to this sentiment already - July 12th, just 8 posts above yours...

I'm actually having second thoughts about getting a Z. Not because of what dealers are or aren't saying, but because of how the community appears to be. Ya'll are a toxic bunch aren't you?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

I'm actually having second thoughts about getting a Z. Not because of what dealers are or aren't saying, but because of how the community appears to be. Ya'll are a toxic bunch aren't you?
Really? Think that’s a tad unnecessary.
Toxic no…realistic, after being in the system for a lot longer…most definitely

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Really? Think that’s a tad unnecessary.
Toxic no…realistic, after being in the system for a lot longer…most definitely
Legit posted here thinking I'd be sharing what could be positive news.
YES it's August. NO the car isn't here yet, but I made it pretty clear the dealer hadn't promised anything, and that is was an offhanded (if not tad optimistic) comment.

Wish there was a delete button for my original post...

[EDIT: can't even report it to a moderator to remove?]
[EDIT 2: oh wait, found it - I've asked mods to delete the thread]

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Legit posted here thinking I'd be sharing what could be positive news.
YES it's August. NO the car isn't here yet, but I made it pretty clear the dealer hadn't promised anything, and that is was an offhanded (if not tad optimistic) comment.

Wish there was a delete button for my original post...

[EDIT: can't even report it to a moderator to remove?]
[EDIT 2: oh wait, found it - I've asked mods to delete the thread]
You need to calm down, I posted stuff similar a year ago, got hammered for it …thought I was doing the right thing by spreading happy news
No one is attacking you…we are simply pointing out that this has been a never ending merry go round.
Heck we are not even blaming the dealers as they are only reporting what they have been told ( as you said they have no reason to fib as they have contract)

It’s just been a really bad roll out, that’s not a blight on you or dealers …it just is

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
It’s a common sales tactic to keep orders in the system. My contract has long since expired. If dealers admitted that our cars ain’t even built yet they’d be losing sales pretty quickly.

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
You need to calm down, I posted stuff similar a year ago, got hammered for it …thought I was doing the right thing by spreading happy news
No one is attacking you…we are simply pointing out that this has been a never ending merry go round.
Heck we are not even blaming the dealers as they are only reporting what they have been told ( as you said they have no reason to fib as they have contract)

It’s just been a really bad roll out, that’s not a blight on you or dealers …it just is
I don't feel I've been led astray by dealers, Nissan or anyone... at all.
But more importantly, I'm just not interested in wasting any more time following this negativity or justifying my enthusiasm any further.

All the best, hope your car comes soon.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Gee, if you base your decision on how to spend a whole lot of money on other people's opinions and interaction with each other, well then...you might not be happy with anything you buy.

ANY forum, or group of conversationalists, or panel, or class, or anything involving discourse will have a variety of personalities, including those who take liberties they normally wouldn't just because they're behind a keyboard.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

Sorry, I didn't intend my comment as a slight against you. It was more a disappointment the vehicle was still not delivered, hence my including the frown face.

The "dealer said" thing is kind of a known meme, I became all too aware of it the past few years, with Bronco delays and dealers indicating various things that would not come to pass. So it's kind of a running joke in those circles.

I'm not in a position to get an early Z, but looking forward to the forum members getting one hopefully soon.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sorry, I didn't intend my comment as a slight against you. It was more a disappointment the vehicle was still not delivered, hence my including the frown face.

The "dealer said" thing is kind of a known meme, I became all too aware of it the past few years, with Bronco delays and dealers indicating various things that would not come to pass. So it's kind of a running joke in those circles.

I'm not in a position to get an early Z, but looking forward to the forum members getting one hopefully soon.
I wouldn’t worry, I don’t think you said anything wrong
I know a year ago when I very confidently declared I’d be driving my Z by January everyone scoffed at me ….and hey, they were right.
It’s disappointing, but no need to throw the toys out of the pram over it that is for sure.

The thing is all the dealers are doing the best to keep their orders, particularly as Nissan in Aus is reclaiming one’s that people do not want and re allocating to different dealers.
I don’t blame them either.

It simply comes down to what I and a lot of others have said, lack of communication from head office.

I got a little excited when @jezzza and a couple of others had all heard the same as me, that being deliveries would be July because it seemed like a number of dealers had been told the same thing…and maybe they had but things seem to have now changed.

Realistically once things are set nearly all dealers will be singing from the same book so to speak….until they are, no one can say for sure what is happening

My dealer for instance has kept me updated with date changes along the way …the July time line came direct from corporate because I was there the day they visited and heard it for myself direct from them, so it’s clear things have been pushed back.

I contacted him on the weekend to ask for an update and got no reply. To me that sounds like he doesn’t have one …as much as I hate it, as much as it is annoying the crap out of me, realistically there is little I can do but wait, or get a refund and go elsewhere.

I hope @Dutchess comes back and realises no one is being personal …it’s just a tough situation which when you’ve been in line for as long as some of us have gets very frustrating.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Everyone’s frustrated, Nissan goofed big time worldwide on communication! So again in the Aus market, are there enforced caps on added dealer markups? It will be crazy in the US, mark your *kind* words😂

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I know its bad to stereotype people, but I always thought the Aussies had thicker skin than most.

When I think of Australians i picture Crocodile Dundee for a guy and Elle Macpherson for a girl
end-
the whole bloody island looks like that- in my pea sized brain

OP i wouldn't sweat it- interwebs full of bad info, opinions based on cereal boxes- you were rightfully excited.