RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Cool site- Wonder who that Randy guy is???

I am East Coast, waiting on VIR times.... The Z or a Z might not even make it out in time for any 2022 laps :(
If what you said isn't sarcasm...

That's Randy Pobst, AKA THE MAN. Spend some time on youtube today and just start by searching his name. SUPER NICE guy and one hell of a driver.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell

That's Randy Pobst, AKA THE MAN. Spend some time on youtube today and just start by searching his name. SUPER NICE guy and one hell of a driver.
it was sarcasm. Sorry
Yeah Randy is like an idol for this track rat

he drove one of my track friends Gunther Werks for a magazine

gave a great review recently of a car no one has heard of that is track only car

I follow him for sure

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

He is an absolute all star and when he lapped the 370Z (or was it the 370 Nismo) at L.S. he loved it and said it had the best balance of the bunch. And he commented on the grunt of it as well. Z is O.G. that's what I like.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

Randy's THE reviewer you want to listen to. He's a prior autocross champion, then World Challenge contender, lots of race experience. Been following him for years. A very smooth driver, no fluff just looking for results good and bad. Really waiting for him to give one of the honest reviews.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
You should just wait 'til used ones pop up for $40K then. Let many others here enjoy, in today's market pricing, the $50K package which Nissan tries best to combine components into heritage and performance bits, sure seems like the Z is a nice driving machine compared to previous Zs, that's a win. Forget drag numbers alone, those are old school metrics, now in the domain of most EVs, can't beat them.
I'll wait until they inevitably release a model that falls between the sport and performance. All I want is the LSD and brakes. Tires are trash on both so I don't car about the wheels, don't care about the spoiler, screen isn't a big deal. Having to pay $10k just to get the LSD which is pretty much a requirement on this car is just dumb.

I still don't think people are understanding what a $50k price tag means. At least in the US, that's gonna mean $60k+ out the door. That's insane. No amount of Z heritage amounts to $60k.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
So basically your upset because you can’t afford it and are taking it out on everyone who can…gotcha 👍
Don't pretend you know what I can and can't afford. It's not about being ABLE to afford it (at least for me). It's about the car not being worth what they're charging and there being better options at those prices (especially when you factor ADM and out the door costs which is gonna end up at $60k+).

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
lol the last person that assumed what i could afford i almost tossed him out the door during a test drive

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
lol the last person that assumed what i could afford i almost tossed him out the door during a test drive
For real. That shit fucking pisses me off.

I mean shit, I'm gonna be buying a C7Z which is gonna run me $70k+... fuck makes people think I can't afford $60k?

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
For real. That shit fucking pisses me off.

I mean shit, I'm gonna be buying a C7Z which is gonna run me $70k+... fuck makes people think I can't afford $60k?
It happened with the Supra at the first dealer I went to the guy brought me over a used 2.0 and I was like hmm something looks off here so I got in started it up and I didn’t hear anything that sounds like an in-line 6 and I’m driving around and I’m like wait this isn’t the 3.0 , then he proceeded to tell oh but that one is 20k more and I’m like so the fuck what , do I look fucking poor to you, granted I was in my business casual attire, I stopped the fucking drive right there and walked back to the car lol

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
It happened with the Supra at the first dealer I went to the guy brought me over a used 2.0 and I was like hmm something looks off here so I got in started it up and I didn’t hear anything that sounds like an in-line 6 and I’m driving around and I’m like wait this isn’t the 3.0 , then he proceeded to tell oh but that one is 20k more and I’m like so the fuck what , do I look fucking poor to you, granted I was in my business casual attire, I stopped the fucking drive right there and walked back to the car lol
I had a similar experience with the Audi & BMW dealers in CLT when I was looking at test driving a 2018 S4 and 2017 M3 Comp 6MT. Both salesperson looked at me roll up in a rental 2018 Yukon (had totaled my Z just days prior) and business attire and wouldn't even let me sit in the cars or anything even though the questions I was asking and info I was spitting out showed I knew more about the car then they did..The BMW rep couldn't even drive MT and didn't know how to start it LOL. Ended up getting my car from DE, under the cost of what the preowned S4 was on sale for in CLT.... 4/5 out of state car buying experiences have been good for me, and hoping the Z wll be same if NC dealers don't wanna play ball.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I had a similar experience with the Audi & BMW dealers in CLT when I was looking at test driving a 2018 S4 and 2017 M3 Comp 6MT. Both salesperson looked at me roll up in a rental 2018 Yukon (had totaled my Z just days prior) and business attire and wouldn't even let me sit in the cars or anything even though the questions I was asking and info I was spitting out showed I knew more about the car then they did..The BMW rep couldn't even drive MT and didn't know how to start it LOL. Ended up getting my car from DE, under the cost of what the preowned S4 was on sale for in CLT.... 4/5 out of state car buying experiences have been good for me, and hoping the Z wll be same if NC dealers don't wanna play ball.
never in my life has that ever happened to me, and the time i though it was going to happen was i walked over to the chevy dealer from my shop in my mechanic shirt and shorts and no one said a dam thing lol

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
There's an actual term for this: "curbside qualifying".
I get that a lot based on how I look. It's fun embarrassing people when that happens.