jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Just got off the phone at my dealership. I emailed them this afternoon they got back to me right away. So the big takeaways was no pricing yet, timeframe he was comparing to the ariya which he said looking like early summer. This so called pre order allocation is from this week to February 1st so if you guys are in canada and interested i would give your dealership a call this week. I have the appointment this Saturday for the deposit. Also he gave me the run down that nissan canada wants to know how many people are interested in the new z so they know how many to send directly to the dealership. Hope this helps our fellow canadians secure the new z!

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Glad that Canada is getting their info. Hopefully we get our info soon too, but automakers aren't too kind to us here.

Only thing I got from the dealers here in PA is they haven't received allocation counts yet. When they do there is a window they have try and get what color/trim/options they want. I said if the performance trim 6spd is around $50k give or take a couple grand I'm out, I was told if I like the test drive I'll be leaving in the Z, so hopefully that's a wink wink.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Did they mention anything about mark ups?
In Canada in general, they don't do markups. However, they may not go much lower on MSRP. My wife got a new SUV and most dealers are all having many problems with stock and car deliveries.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Welll it’s all over the net now, so don’t think it really matters

This is what I don’t get about Nissan Aus, there are dealers here with 10plus orders, yet i would imagine like Canada each dealership would get one or two…and yes the orders have gone through Nissan Aus…not just a dealer. Also like Canada mark ups illegal
I put my deposit down in March last year, second on my dealers list ….first for a manual. I’d really like some solid info like price and release date ….it’s just dragging out for so long now
In Canada, depending on the dealer, they will get more then 2. I went to the best selling place and I am sure they will get more then 2.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Palmetto57 Nissan
Cool, ok—appreciate it. They weren't too confident when I've been by in the past, happy to hear they're sounding a bit more informed. May try to swing by this weekend.

Did it seem like they were hinting towards the "order" route in March w/ deposit, or down the road some once car is out?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Also, came across this -

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/01/27/2023-nissan-zs-canadian-order-guide-leaks/

Ignoring the fact they link to the other forum (not to mention @jezzza broke the news first), the bit at the bottom caught my attention:

"Lastly, it appears that Canadian dealers will receive only an initial allocation of one car each, whether Sport or Performance, manual or automatic. The limited launch edition Proto spec, which has unique bronze wheels and yellow brake calipers, will be allocated to the most successful dealers based on historical sales. So, if you're a Canadian reader and would like to be among the first to reserve a new Z, you'll have to act quickly."

Where are they getting that information from? First I feel like we've heard of it, no?

justnic

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fit, grom
Occupation
Mechanic
"Lastly, it appears that Canadian dealers will receive only an initial allocation of one car each, whether Sport or Performance, manual or automatic.

Where are they getting that information from? First I feel like we've heard of it, no?
probably from this photo on the other forum.

b6d9f17a-8a08-42a0-a49f-3544ea2d7379-png.jpg

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Also, came across this -

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/01/27/2023-nissan-zs-canadian-order-guide-leaks/

Ignoring the fact they link to the other forum (not to mention @jezzza broke the news first), the bit at the bottom caught my attention:

"Lastly, it appears that Canadian dealers will receive only an initial allocation of one car each, whether Sport or Performance, manual or automatic. The limited launch edition Proto spec, which has unique bronze wheels and yellow brake calipers, will be allocated to the most successful dealers based on historical sales. So, if you're a Canadian reader and would like to be among the first to reserve a new Z, you'll have to act quickly."

Pretty sure it was that Houston guy that said each dealer was only getting one Z at the initial launch.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
probably from this photo on the other forum.

b6d9f17a-8a08-42a0-a49f-3544ea2d7379-png.jpg

Yeah someone actually debunked that not sure who but they said thats the dealership one on display supposedly
That power point looks little different than the one that was uploaded by OP.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
That power point looks little different than the one that was uploaded by OP.
This is from the other forum from what i saw also looks like dealership page. It also had thumbnails of other things but hard to see