ZdayZ 2021

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
And now we have to impatiently wait for a couple more months. AAAAAAHHHHHH
I still have faith that my dealer is correct and cars will be here at the end of the year...if that’s the case a reveal would have to be within the next few months, it would also fit in with the recently leaked testing, with most models being revealed within 6 months of testing
But I certainly share your frustration

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
”logiscal” It’s a car...how hard can it be! Maybe it’s going to be at that other show?

Anyway...after the dissapointment, did you get anything out of them?
yea i agree not sure why they screwed us over.

i guess with there only being 1 proto would make things harder but still it's ZdayZ we should have priority.

i didnt get any infro from Nissan, they didnt send a rep nor the car. so the person who puts on the event said they got some explaining to do lol

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That’s p
yea i agree not sure why they screwed us over.

i guess with there only being 1 proto would make things harder but still it's ZdayZ we should have priority.

i didnt get any infro from Nissan, they didnt send a rep nor the car. so the person who puts on the event said they got some explaining to do lol
That’s pretty crap...meanwhile I got this in my inbox....it’s like they are doing a story on the Z every few days/week now.
I say, the time about caring where it’s been is over. We want the future now. If they drag it out much longer I think they will lose buyers to other cars that people have been tossing up between

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/ch...cfda9b2e9c0d4a5de78&utm_source=Email Blast CM

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
That’s p
That’s pretty crap...meanwhile I got this in my inbox....it’s like they are doing a story on the Z every few days/week now.
I say, the time about caring where it’s been is over. We want the future now. If they drag it out much longer I think they will lose buyers to other cars that people have been tossing up between

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/channels/nissan-stories?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=StorieZ A 50-year love affair with Z&utm_content=StorieZ A 50-year love affair with Z+CID_ee8e5fe473a42cfda9b2e9c0d4a5de78&utm_source=Email Blast CM
disappointing part of that article is if you watch the animation of the dash........i only see it hitting like 8 pounds of boost.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
disappointing part of that article is if you watch the animation of the dash........i only see it hitting like 8 pounds of boost.
EDIT: I was wrong. 14.7 PSI is OEM max boost for Red Sport models. 8.7 PSI for 300hp versions.

It's possible, if that image actually means anything, that we'll see 300hp and 400+ versions of the car to keep it within a palatable price range.

I predicted this months ago btw :)

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
EDIT: I was wrong. 14.7 PSI is OEM max boost for Red Sport models. 8.7 PSI for 300hp versions.

It's possible, if that image actually means anything, that we'll see 300hp and 400+ versions of the car to keep it within a palatable price range.

I really hope you're wrong, that would be disappointing. I was hyped about this beating out the Supra in both pricing and specs. If it's lower than the Supra in just pricing well... you aren't getting anyone to trade in for the Z. I know not that many would probably do that in the first place but if it's the steal that rumors are suggesting maybe... it's definitely what Nissan needs. Oh well, if the Z got a 300hp base it still beats the Supra 2.0 lol.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
All of that engine, and all that technology... and it only makes 300 HP. what a waste of time. A 2 liter 4 could make nearly the same HP and torque. I;d say the same thing about that terrible Mercedes 2 liter in the Q50, only 200 HP from a turbo 2 liter. I've driven that Q50 and it;s a waste of time. I remember that Hurst in DC used to pass those off as premium cars.
The Red Sport could also be better... only 350 torque... nto class-leading for a twin turbo 3 liter at all. That has to be a limitation of the dated 7-speed auto transmission.
The apparent decision to offer only the Red Sport turbo engine makes sense. Lets hope that's the minimum engine in the new Z.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant

That would make sense to have a 300 & 400 up versions as the supra has 2 horsepower versions as well.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
That would make sense to have a 300 & 400 up versions as the supra has 2 horsepower versions as well.
Yeah but the Supra has two different engines. We have heard nothing about a 4 cylinder Z. But I guess we really haven't heard anything at all from Nissan. Which is just sad since it's almost been a whole year since the reveal.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yes, but notice there is a second article about the history of the Z “a 50 year love affair” this report was released just days after the control panel article, so my point is the tidbits to keep us interested seem, to be getting closer together.
This could mean one of two things
1. It’s getting close to reveal or
2. They recognise they have peed everyone off with the extended wait time on reveal and are putting out extra information in a bid to keep people interested.

I hope for their sake it’s option 1, as people are starting to get antsy and will possibly start looking at other options with no firm information on the Z released.
This car needs to do well for Nissan, this is the one that will create interest in the brand and help pull them out of debt...but only if they don’t lose most of their buyers by overly dragging things out

N_dinunz

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Honda Civic Si
Occupation
Product Development Engineer at PRL Motorsports

The dash animation, if it actually means anything at all, it is likely a neutral rev, so the car won’t build much boost under zero load.

I would be pretty disappointed if the base model that everyone hopes to make 400hp actually only makes 300hp. Would be much less competitive in terms of price and performance. Not to mention, Nissan has made no mention of a different engine. They wouldn’t be saving any money if they manufactured the same car with the same engine only detuned to make 100 less hp

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)

to be honest 13-15lbs is fine because that's about all the GTR makes stock and well we all know how it moves lol

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
The Red Sport could also be better... only 350 torque... nto class-leading for a twin turbo 3 liter at all. That has to be a limitation of the dated 7-speed auto transmission.
The apparent decision to offer only the Red Sport turbo engine makes sense. Lets hope that's the minimum engine in the new Z.
I can guarantee you the transmission is the bottleneck there - it's definitely a conservative configuration from Nissan. Too many people are running 500+ whp with bolt ons, cooling upgrades, and a tune against those motors. Many are doing so quite reliably... not that there aren't some who are blowing them up, but it's definitely not the majority.

On the note of bottlenecks, the recent refresh of the Titan got a 9-speed automatic (mentioned elsewhere here). The transmission change alone resulted in a 100-pound increase in towing capacity an increase in payload capacity. Nothing structural changed in the truck at all. Clearly the transmission is the reason for the increased limits.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Also guys - look straight at the engine configuration in the Infiniti cars. This new Z is a parts bin car from Nissan. They can (and probably should) offer the car in two configurations - one 300hp twin turbo V6 (Infiniti Silver Sport) and one 400+ (Infiniti Red Sport). There's not going to be a four cylinder. If they offer it in two different power output configurations, it will be the same motor. Just go look at what the Q50/60 crowd is doing on the aftermarket, look at the partnership Infiniti has with AMS, and you'll have a better understanding of what to expect with this car. Nissan is not in a position to invest R&D money into some earth-shattering new thing for this Z. It's quite clear they have limited resources to even put this car out - they're not building a new motor for it, and they're going to try to capture as many potential buyers as they can while keeping costs down and finding ways to make up some margin on these cars.

Not all 300hp configurations are created equal - see power under the curve. The VR engine produces peak torque from 1800-ish to 4500-ish RPMs (the exact figures escape me at the moment and I'm too lazy to look it up). Toss the 300hp configuration of this motor into a stock 370Z and run it against a stock 370Z with the VQ37 in it and it's a faster car on a tighter course. The VQ doesn't make peak torque until after the VR starts coming down. The entire lower half of the rev range in the VR is peak torque output. Many other cars in the segment don't produce that kind of power curve - that's characteristically only attainable in German marques. They sell a base Infiniti with this motor in the mid $30k range. The Z won't start at that pricepoint - it will be much lower.

Imagine if a base Z with 300hp could be had at less than $30k? What would that do for Nissan? If the chassis is tuned well and the power delivers to the wheels well, it'll be a budget juggernaut of a car. Don't become fixated on the hp number - it's all in how it puts it to the road. After all, isn't this concept why the BRZ even exists? The Z would be poised to clobber it at its own game - you'll just be missing a back seat. Then for those of us who want to throw the checkbook at Nissan we'll have our 400+hp version of the car in some form, and I guarantee you it will be cheaper than the Supra. Nissan can't charge a Toyota tax on any of their cars - they know this. If any version of this Z costs more than a Supra, they'll be laughed out of town. They can have an entry model there with 300hp and it will be competitive against the Miatas/Mustang Ecoboosts/BRZs of the world, and they can have a 400hp version that will slug it out with the Supras.

It's all gonna work out fine.