Z35 prototypes

Fubar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
When do you think we'll start seeing Z35 prototypes driving around? Looking forward to that so we'll at least have a clue what the car might actually look like how big/small, proportions, etc.

And then artists can start rendering up some realistic versions not some of these wacky renders we've had so far.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Anyone's guess probably. The only timing we know about the Z35 is the concept will be shown in October. But prototypes could start hitting public roads anytime - before or after the concept.

chubbs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Grey 2016 370z
One can only hope that stupid vmotion grill does not makes its way onto the new Z.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it on the new Z. You know how these car manufacturers value homogeneity and brand awareness. Let's hope it's subtle, well integrated, or not there at all.

UnknownZ35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z34 sport/altima S
They did as great job implementing it on the GTR.u don't really think about it on the GTR. Hopefully it will be true for the Z.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
They did as great job implementing it on the GTR.u don't really think about it on the GTR. Hopefully it will be true for the Z.
I agree. I was so worried when they said that Buck tooth nonsense was going on the gtr but not gonna lie it looks so good how they did it. Gives me hope that the new Z won't be tarnished by a bad nose job lol.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
It's been a LONG time since I got this excited about seeing a prototype mule. Hope Nissan doesn't get all tricky with the mules and put different bodies on the Z35 chassis.

Anyone remember when they put a chopped up S15 Silvia body on the 350Z mule? They also used a R34 Skyline body at some point I think.

rlMpA2S.png
rvq3hPe.png

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
I personally hope they have something super sexy and like the q60 prototype to production didn't get super watered down as most prototypes usually do. Yes some of the vents and aggressive features were toned down but not so much that it basically removed them from the car or made them not fit the overall look/shape.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
It's been a LONG time since I got this excited about seeing a prototype mule. Hope Nissan doesn't get all tricky with the mules and put different bodies on the Z35 chassis.

Anyone remember when they put a chopped up S15 Silvia body on the 350Z mule? They also used a R34 Skyline body at some point I think.

rlMpA2S.png
rvq3hPe.png
Thanks for posting this - I never knew about this!

nisslover

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Sedan 6-spd
im still suprised that to this day no one has seen a production body car with camo wrap. like what we see with most car development.

this was the closest...

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/29/nissan-370z-mule-successor-spy-photos/

Nissan-370-Z-mule-4-copy.jpg
Being that it’s mostly a reskinned 370Z, most likely test mules maybe running around in plain sight and we wouldn’t know it. I think the one in the pic above was intentionally modified to feed the buzz and unofficially make the statement that a new Z was coming... hence the big NISSAN badge plastered on the side. Usually badges are covered even when it’s obvious what the car is.