First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW X3, 2017 Ford F-150
Occupation
Automotive Manufacturing Engineer
Makes no sense. How can they get their first one in July if shipments start in September?

They just teleport the ones before September?
I work for another automotive manufacturer and this is actually very normal. Whenever a new car is launched, the first batch of "customer" (actually dealer) cars produced are intended to be "show and tell" cars for every dealership in every market. Once those cars are produced and shipped to the dealers, mass production is kicked off to begin supplying the market with actual "saleable" cars for you and I. In the 2023 Z's case, Nissan is shipping the "show & tell" cars to the dealers to arrive in July, and then once the pipeline is full, saleable cars arrive in September (earlier if you're lucky to be at a dealer at the top of the list). Hence the July-September lag.

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
I work for another automotive manufacturer and this is actually very normal. Whenever a new car is launched, the first batch of "customer" (actually dealer) cars produced are intended to be "show and tell" cars for every dealership in every market. Once those cars are produced and shipped to the dealers, mass production is kicked off to begin supplying the market with actual "saleable" cars for you and I. In the 2023 Z's case, Nissan is shipping the "show & tell" cars to the dealers to arrive in July, and then once the pipeline is full, saleable cars arrive in September (earlier if you're lucky to be at a dealer at the top of the list). Hence the July-September lag.
July cars still have to be shipped from Japan :)

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I called my local Nissan 22554
** I have no relationship with this one.
But the sales guy that took the call said he does not see any Z's in the pipeline to them and they are expecting one October