Dealer Update Vancouver BC Canada

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I put a deposit down last April and have been trying to get updates from my local dealer. Info is very limited, after I chased him here is the last one;

“No sales bulletins out yet. But the service training has an intro course out. Looks like same automatic transmission as the Q60 red sport. Different tune and software. Should be more responsive than the red sport”.

I get more details and accurate info here from you guys, so thank you!

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I put a deposit down last April and have been trying to get updates from my local dealer. Info is very limited, after I chased him here is the last one;

“No sales bulletins out yet. But the service training has an intro course out. Looks like same automatic transmission as the Q60 red sport. Different tune and software. Should be more responsive than the red sport”.

I get more details and accurate info here from you guys, so thank you!
That info seems off as the Z is using the new 9 speed and the Q60 has the old 7 speed.

OP
OP
BJM2021

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Exactly, dealers sometimes or most times know less than us…

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
“No sales bulletins out yet. But the service training has an intro course out. Looks like same automatic transmission as the Q60 red sport.
And this is exactly why I wouldn't put a "deposit" down with a dealer, let alone a dealer that doesn't even know the correct info of the new Z that has now been publicly announced and available for months. Either they're making sh*t up to string you along or they have no idea what they're talking about.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
And this is exactly why I wouldn't put a "deposit" down with a dealer, let alone a dealer that doesn't even know the correct info of the new Z that has now been publicly announced and available for months. Either they're making sh*t up to string you along or they have no idea what they're talking about.
Well Dealers in Australia know next to nothing…yet Nissan Aus sent out official reservation invites to anyone who has shown interest, along with an official looking sales promotion. They know they are getting them, so why not put money down….I think in Australia, if you haven’t done so by now, you won’t be getting one….at least not for the first few allocations

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
the dealer i put my deposit down was pretty good. He knew all the details. Deposit was only $500. Other dealers were asking $3000

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Yup i live in vancouver also. Didnt talk to any dealers because its a waste of time. Just waiting for an official statement directly from nissan

OP
OP
BJM2021

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I checked with someone else and they have alot more info than the sales guys are telling, must be told not say much for now..

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I had a dealer in Ontario tell me the Z is “cancelled indefinitely” because of the chip shortage.
Dealers straight up making stuff up now ?
you need to call them up and tell them you have "inside info" from a relative in japan who's a high-ranking nissan executive.

tell him they had hackers buy up all the ps5's sony built for the Christmas holiday so they could rob all the chips out them to put the new z.

help keep the bs rolling...

OP
OP
BJM2021

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Got a minor update, “cars are out to journalists, which is a good sign. If we follow the QX60 timeline, the cars were out to the press in June. And arrived 6 months later”

If true, journalists will be doing there reviews and guessing they will be under an embargo not to release any info until Nissan gives them the green light.