Z Reveal Surprises?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
What are you using your 370Z for? It's hours of tracking in high temps I'm worried about, no matter what hp mods were done. I don't want that worry to have major fade going into a turn after a long straight. Hope it's been reliable for you, consistent pedal pressure after a few stops.
i mean a normal track session is only 20 min or so. i guess a few hours maybe. only way to get rid of that is to go carbon ceramic. if they fir GTR brakes to the new Z then for about 15k you can get the brembo CC's off the nismo.

i've pushed hard many times on the dragon with no real issues with stock pads, fluid, rotors.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
i mean a normal track session is only 20 min or so. i guess a few hours maybe. only way to get rid of that is to go carbon ceramic. if they fir GTR brakes to the new Z then for about 15k you can get the brembo CC's off the nismo.

i've pushed hard many times on the dragon with no real issues with stock pads, fluid, rotors.
That's a good report, yep track days here are about 20 mins but we go all day with 4-5 sessions, track gets hot! Really looking for a BBK option for this new Z if offered. For sure right off the bat I'll replace the fluid and swap track pads for insurance.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
That's a good report, yep track days here are about 20 mins but we go all day with 4-5 sessions, track gets hot! Really looking for a BBK option for this new Z if offered. For sure right off the bat I'll replace the fluid and swap track pads for insurance.
the 4/2 pot akebonos that come with sport/nismo 370's are pretty solid for the weight of the car. in all honesty i have a GTR and those brakes stop that big heavy bitch in a hurry. you slam on those on a Z might break some necks lol

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Well, guess w
the 4/2 pot akebonos that come with sport/nismo 370's are pretty solid for the weight of the car. in all honesty i have a GTR and those brakes stop that big heavy bitch in a hurry. you slam on those on a Z might break some necks lol
You're not lying - R35 Brembos are magical.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Cheap= use money for things I want to actually do to it
......but whats the point of a 400hp car with shit tier brakes because you wanted to save 2-3 grand? sport package is a must. even like a C8 vette. to me it's a waste of money without at least the Z51 package.

just a thought is all. why buy a car when you can't use it to it's full potential safely?

OP
OP
SS727Z

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
That display showing the power curve on the Gr86 isn’t very advanced is it? I’m pretty sure it’s just an image of the stock curve that lights up as you rev.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
That display showing the power curve on the Gr86 isn’t very advanced is it? I’m pretty sure it’s just an image of the stock curve that lights up as you rev.
Yes, but looks cool lol. I doubt it can actually measure changes in HP with added mods.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Yes, but looks cool lol. I doubt it can actually measure changes in HP with added mods.
Yep, doubt it, would be too risky and liability for Nissan revealing mods and real time maps.

But can you imagine how silly it will look after mods?