Z Reveal Surprises?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
New Z coming out with 400hp seriously needs good brakes, standard 370Z brakes won't do, hoping for a BBK option, GT-R or Brembos, or even StopTech?
370Z sport akebonos work fine for me putting down 325whp.

the new Z will have the same ones from what i've seen.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
the one thing i can see happening is the base z be quite a bit slower because it may be not be tuned for more hp, using the current auto trans out of the 370z. the base model would compete with the 2.0 zupra. in other words the s, t and s/t trims would be upgraded and be the zupra 3.0 killers.
I can see that too, but trying to unsee it ! :confused: The 17th approaches...tic tic tic

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
even if the base model is a 300hp version like the Q60 and Q60 red sport thats fine. make it cheap, sell a ton, and keep Nissan running.

i will never buy a base model so doesnt bother me lol
It might bother you if the 400hp model starts at $45k, and, when optioned like you want, $50k+

I'm not saying you, or I, wouldn't pay up for the faster car, I'm just saying this isn't a scenario we want to see. For sure, selling a lot of a 300hp model should help Nissan's longevity. Then again, selling a ton of the 400hp cars at $35k base would help them, too, unless they couldn't make a profit on them. We will soon see.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
It might bother you if the 400hp model starts at $45k, and, when optioned like you want, $50k+

I'm not saying you, or I, wouldn't pay up for the faster car, I'm just saying this isn't a scenario we want to see. For sure, selling a lot of a 300hp model should help Nissan's longevity. Then again, selling a ton of the 400hp cars at $35k base would help them, too, unless they couldn't make a profit on them. We will soon see.
mine will be top tier and spec'd out possibly Nismo depending on the looks and upgrades.

my hope is that Nissan doesnt completely fuck up the options again like they did in 2013.

the original options/packs were simple and perfect. when they went to all this sport tech or touring tech nonsense where they wouldnt allow certain options together was asinine.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I'm fine with them offering the base 300hp version for those that just want the bare minimum. I plan on getting the Nismo version and expect it to be about 50k-55k. A fully loaded top tier Q60 is about 65k, so I expect the top tier Nismo about 10k less.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
370Z sport akebonos work fine for me putting down 325whp.

the new Z will have the same ones from what i've seen.
What are you using your 370Z for? It's hours of tracking in high temps I'm worried about, no matter what hp mods were done. I don't want that worry to have major fade going into a turn after a long straight. Hope it's been reliable for you, consistent pedal pressure after a few stops.