Z Reveal Surprises?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
I'm hoping that its not exactly a 370 with a VR30 and new body panels/interior. If it is and it uses all the nismo parts standard then I'm definitely more okay with that. It just seems like an engineering fail to come out with a car that you've produced for 10 years and not address the current issues with a brand new generation.
actually, i love the way the 370 drives and handles. i'm ok with engine and body upgrades.

the issues that needed address i assume are being addressed.

better engine, hopefully no CSC....., better auto tranny, oil temp issues that were semi addressed, etc.

chassis wise i've never really had any issues with the 370.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
What about the differential, will it be the prior 370Z or from the Q series. Heard issues with the R190 gears stripping.

Also would be great if we get helical LSD (like my Quaife in the 240Z) not the VLSD clutches overheating.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I want the Z to be a huge success and hammer the Supra. I had a 90 and 92 twin turbo 5 speed cars, we have an xterra and I just bought an 18 titan. However, I doubt you will see a Nismo or any special models anytime soon. I feel Nissan will be very closely tracking sales of the Z and if they are below expectations or very low, they wont put anymore $ into it other some minor tweaks along the way…

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I want the Z to be a huge success and hammer the Supra. I had a 90 and 92 twin turbo 5 speed cars, we have an xterra and I just bought an 18 titan. However, I doubt you will see a Nismo or any special models anytime soon. I feel Nissan will be very closely tracking sales of the Z and if they are below expectations or very low, they wont put anymore $ into it other some minor tweaks along the way…
Your kidding right?
“Very Low”
I just can’t see that happening.
Dealers in Aus who have taken names and deposits have already sold most of their allocations…many have double the amount of names to the number of cars they are expecting.

This is going to be massive for Nissan, and after selling out of the GT there will be added interest on the Z.
By now I’m guessing that Nissan will have a fairly good understanding of how this is going to go off, as I’m sure the dealers have been in contact to see what their chances are of upping the numbers

My only worry…it’s too popular and they are a dime a dozen like the BRZs on the road
I like them to be a little special

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
Your kidding right?
“Very Low”
I just can’t see that happening.
Dealers in Aus who have taken names and deposits have already sold most of their allocations…many have double the amount of names to the number of cars they are expecting.

This is going to be massive for Nissan, and after selling out of the GT there will be added interest on the Z.
By now I’m guessing that Nissan will have a fairly good understanding of how this is going to go off, as I’m sure the dealers have been in contact to see what their chances are of upping the numbers

My only worry…it’s too popular and they are a dime a dozen like the BRZs on the road
I like them to be a little special
I think the fact that it will probably be a 40 to 45 grand sports car will price some people out of it until they start showing up on the used market. I also have to think you will see less of them than Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros, which are everywhere. Considering the impracticality of a two-seater, I would also think a lot of people who have the means to buy a second car have more than enough money to "step it up" and get a Porsche or something of its ilk. I consider myself well-off, but can't financially carry a 2017 Mustang, a 2022 Z, and 1962 Triumph, so the Mustang will be cut. I prefer a car company that respects its heritage anyway, unlike Ford.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
@West Aussie I am serious relative to the total sales of models from Nissan. There is a huge push to EV’s SUV’s and the highest sales are always with lower priced models. Toyota sells way more Corolla’s than Supra’s. I agree it will be huge for Nissan, they need this, it is fantastic they are launching it, I have a $1000 deposit on one, and we are all hyper focused on the Z, but in the big picture for Nissan…

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@West Aussie I am serious relative to the total sales of models from Nissan. There is a huge push to EV’s SUV’s and the highest sales are always with lower priced models. Toyota sells way more Corolla’s than Supra’s. I agree it will be huge for Nissan, they need this, it is fantastic they are launching it, I have a $1000 deposit on one, and we are all hyper focused on the Z, but in the big picture for Nissan…
I agree with some of that…but I believe it will still be huge.
Same as the GT, when cars sell out it generates more interest in the motorist community than if they sit on the lot. It’s also about bring customers in for those cheaper cars.
And I suppose again it depends where you live.
The price difference between a Z and a Porsche in Aus is huge….many could stretch themselves to buy a 370 view could do it for a Porsche
370 is around $70000 k here ( not a Nismo) new
A Porsche and BMW you are looking at 120000, and 90000 respectively

bhamZ35

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma
This is going to sound very VERY weird but I don't want any surprises, I would be very happy with a 35k car with 400hp, six speed, LSD, and look just like how it does.

I don't need no over the top AWD, I don't need GTR brakes on a car that will only see weekend fun pulls.

I don't need stock 500hp that's gonna cost me 55k

I'm ready for a value rwd sports car. If I really needed everything listed above I would just buy a GT350.
1D379D39-C0C7-43D6-AA2F-94B36B2EE52F.gif

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Be pleasantly surprised if the GTR's brakes is an option in a pkg or indiv.
me too. even if it's like a nismo thing it would still be awesome.

i think Nissan has to have plenty in the parts bin after 12-13 years of the GTR to spare.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
edit: just noticed i posted this in the wrong thread. i'll leave it here anyways since it kinda goes with the discussion.

i'm sure nissan is well aware of what the zupr4 can do. they have had plenty of time to prepare...this their time to outshine the competition. the z will be lighter, the engine will have more hp and I'm sure can be tuned for more.

the only big question is the auto trans and wether is can hang with the zupr4s. but they have been working on that behind the scenes according to various sources.

the one thing i can see happening is the base z be quite a bit slower because it may be not be tuned for more hp, using the current auto trans out of the 370z. the base model would compete with the 2.0 zupra. in other words the s, t and s/t trims would be upgraded and be the zupra 3.0 killers.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
me too. even if it's like a nismo thing it would still be awesome.

i think Nissan has to have plenty in the parts bin after 12-13 years of the GTR to spare.
New Z coming out with 400hp seriously needs good brakes, standard 370Z brakes won't do, hoping for a BBK option, GT-R or Brembos, or even StopTech?