Will you buy whatever Z is available at launch?

would you buy whatever z is available at the time?

• Total voters
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Wow this poll is making me believe it’s gonna be a flop launch. I get waiting for the NISMO but dangg
people are overpaying for cars now and have been since the pandemic. just look at used car prices...in a lot of cases buying new is not much more.

a lot of youtubers/social media influencers & wannabes will be getting one along with those that are willing to pay a premium to "be first"

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
those that are overpaying for cars are as dumb as they look. The car market is going to drop in late '23

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
It’s a market. Who’s to say paying above sticker is stupid? Now, financing negative equity ain’t a great idea, but what’s so magical about paying sticker? I’ve bough virtually every vehicle I’ve ever owned well below sticker, but does that mean I can call anyone paying MSRP stupid? People who have a want or a need and are willing to pay what the market asks might just end up perfectly content with their purchases.

Yes, it’s potentially a significant savings to wait for a market that has more supply and dealers motivated to deal, but things.

And back on topic, if the Z disappoints then I will order an M2 or an M3 (manual).

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Do like the government...

"A thousand (billion) here, a thousand (billion) there...pretty soon you're talking about real money."

GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus CT200h Lexus GX 570
If they have a manual and my 2nd or 3rd color choice, I’d go for it. Maybe I’d try to sell it in the secondary market at a premium and if it sells, I’ll invest the profit until I can get the spec I want.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
don't be so sure that the market will drop in 2023 , manufactures are making more money the way things are now so why would they want to go back and flood the market

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
Everyone will milk the market to gain the dollar$$ I still see lots of TVs for sale at Costco. So TVs don't use computer chips?

Just like the maids at the hotel who aren't cleaning the room between each night. The hotel will use Covid as a factor which they don't have to assign cleaning duties to the maids (meaning less staffing required).

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Everyone will milk the market to gain the dollar$$ I still see lots of TVs for sale at Costco. So TVs don't use computer chips?.
The chips used for auto manufacturing are older chips, tested and proven for years. Most of the chip manufacturers make newly designed chips for TV's, etc.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Everyone will milk the market to gain the dollar$$ I still see lots of TVs for sale at Costco. So TVs don't use computer chips?
Wife and I went to a Best Buy in late November. Couldn't believe how many flat panel TVs they had. All over the main floors, on the shelves, and we saw the back inventory warehouse was crammed with rows upon rows of TVs. And all this time we thought there was a chip shortage.....

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Wife and I went to a Best Buy in late November. Couldn't believe how many flat panel TVs they had. All over the main floors, on the shelves, and we saw the back inventory warehouse was crammed with rows upon rows of TVs. And all this time we thought there was a chip shortage.....
seemed like a lot of stores overstocked for Christmas this year, but id heard from a few that it wasn't as busy as they thought it would be.

be curious to see if that's nation wide...if so prices may start coming down on other things.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
seemed like a lot of stores overstocked for Christmas this year, but id heard from a few that it wasn't as busy as they thought it would be.

be curious to see if that's nation wide...if so prices may start coming down on other things.
I need a new T.V….hope you are right ?

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
don't be so sure that the market will drop in 2023 , manufactures are making more money the way things are now so why would they want to go back and flood the market
Nowadays people are looking to work remotely. Sales rates will start declining and segments reporting decreasing. Used car prices are always dropping since they are depreciating assets.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Nowadays people are looking to work remotely. Sales rates will start declining and segments reporting decreasing. Used car prices are always dropping since they are depreciating assets.
also factor in 'the great resignation' with people saying home, going back to school, living off the government and this means less people working...