Will there be an updated version in 2023/24?

theBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus 2005
Just like the 370Z came after the 350Z a few years later, do we expect same type of update to happen to the latest Z?

The Z is my dream car, and I have waited many years for the release, hence I have no problems waiting another 2-3 years if it means I get a better, updated de-bugged version (hopefully with a T-top as well :) )

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GT350, 2003 350Z (sold after 200,000 miles)
350z went from 2003 to 2009. So if the new Z arrives as a 2023 model, there’s probably quite a while before a new version appears.

I had a 2003 350Z that I ordered as soon as I could and took delivery of in September 2002. Finally sold it in ~2018 with 200,000 miles. It was a fantastic car. Hopefully with most of the car unchanged from the 370, the new Z will be equally as reliable.

-T

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just like the 370Z came after the 350Z a few years later, do we expect same type of update to happen to the latest Z?

The Z is my dream car, and I have waited many years for the release, hence I have no problems waiting another 2-3 years if it means I get a better, updated de-bugged version (hopefully with a T-top as well :) )
I think any changes will be minimal….only a matter of time before the Z becomes a memory, just like all fuel powered cars unfortunately

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
...only a matter of time before the Z becomes a memory, just like all fuel powered cars unfortunately
If it remains relatively popular, then it could easily go electric, just like the big boys of sports cars are planning (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.).

Whether it would actually be worth buying is a different question though. Despite the automatic versions, one of the selling points to most enthusiasts has been the manual gearbox, same with the 86/BRZ twins.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If it remains relatively popular, then it could easily go electric, just like the big boys of sports cars are planning (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.).

Whether it would actually be worth buying is a different question though. Despite the automatic versions, one of the selling points to most enthusiasts has been the manual gearbox, same with the 86/BRZ twins.
If it goes electric it will be a complete redesign …a Z5 if you like …it won’t be an actual Z

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i

In my opinion this will definitely be the last Z in it's current format ie with an ICE and manual transmission.

The previous generations the 350Z and 370Z spanned nearly 2 decades before this latest Z update arrived.

The 370Z production alone went for 11 years from 2009 to 2020 and had very minimal changes in that time.

So the brand new Z coming out only this year right at the edge of the transitional shift towards EV's is definitely a last hurrah for this car and there will definitely be very minimal money put towards it for updates as the focus will be on the future (EV's) and not the past like this vehicle which is a shame for us enthusiasts.

So I would definitely say there will not be a T-top or any other radical changes to the car. The biggest change I can see for it is just a Nismo version with more power and performance.

Nissan themselves have pretty much given us a lot of indications that this will most likely be the last Z by just calling it the "Z" and referencing many design queues from it's past as a final homage to the Z.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
If it goes electric and they dont call it the ZE or ZEE ill be extremely disappointed. with that said... this car will take nissan into almost 2030 where they will go electric and drop the gas motors as planned by most manufactures. this will most likely be the last "true" sports car from them

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
So I would definitely say there will not be a T-top or any other radical changes to the car. The biggest change I can see for it is just a Nismo version with more power and performance.
My guess is well probably see more paint colors, perhaps those that nod back to throughout the Z's history.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Most likely will only entail addition of a Nismo variant, color changes, and then slight update in 3-5years or phased out for Hybrid/full electric Z.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
If I had to guess...

Nismo version, it's coming.
A new front end around year 4 or 5.
Heritage colors through the years.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
They are struggling to get the current iteration of the car out for whatever reason. Not a single one hit a dealer lot and sold yet. Not a single hands on test/review video done yet. I wouldn't worry about future changes yet

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Most car models usually stick around for a while before any updates (other than slight tweaks, such as an infotainment update). At best you might get a convertible Z in a couple of years, but any real update is probably at least five or more years away.