johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I'm just curious to see who is in the same boat as me? I never owned a Z car before. I actually never even owned a Nissan product in general. I came close a few times with a G35 coupe and QX56 but never pulled the trigger because if Nissan's reputation of questionable quality. I'm hoping since the Z35 in largely based on the Z34 that a lot of the known issues would have been worked out by now.

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
This will be my first Z but my first nissan was an 06 Maxima and I absolutely hated it because it had overheating issues and transmission problems shortly after I got it (less then 6 months). I've avoided nissan ever since but Z's have always had my interest

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Never even drove a Nissan. My uncle had an S13 hatch at one point that I got to ride in a couple times, but I think that's the only time I've even been in a Nissan. I wanted a Sentra SE-R really bad when I was 19, but I didn't have any credit so I couldn't get a loan for a new car, so now the Z35 is gonna have to be my first.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
It would be my first. I did have a Sentra Spec V back in 04. I really wanted a Z back then, but could not afford one at the time. Now it would be no problem, but there are several other cars I'm interested in now too.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
My uncle and the NFS games started my obsession with Nissans/Infiniti's. He's owned, 3x 300zx (2x 2+2, Turbo), 1 J35, 2 Q45s, 2 M45s, QX4, 91 Maxima, 2 x 03 Maxima's, 04 Maxima, 05 350z & finally a 13 Sentra. He only has the 13 Sentra left; He moved onto Odyssey as I moved into Honda Accord for 4door Daily. I started with 05 G35, 12 370z and next will be Z.

The "questionable" quality is something that every manufacturer has. Bad word spreads faster than good. I've never had quality issues with the Nissan's ive had, and neither have my parents. My other uncle drives his cars till the wheels fall off; 99 Quest 445k Miles, 02 Altima 3.5 244K miles, 14 Sentra 195K miles. I had 135k miles on my G35 before I sold it (due to terrible Fuel economy), ad 67k on my 370z before it was totaled.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I had a '78 Z back in the 80's. I sold it with over 200k miles on it and never had any major issues. I replaced the clutch and u-joints one, and the alternator twice. That's it other than normal wear items (brakes, tires, etc.).

My wife is on her fourth Rogue. The only time we had any of them in for service was for the dealer to reprogram the CVT on the first one, but that was a recall.

I have zero hesitation buying the new Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Audi TT RS
my first was a B210 . i must Amit it was a POS, hopefully the Z will change it
GREAT post!

My first "Datsun" was a 1977 B210 - my first brand new car. Brown metallic paint with tan vinyl interior. I went all out and ordered an AM/FM radio and a tach! No a/c or remotely any type of modern creature comfort.

Super-reliable car; really a modern VW Beetle at the time. Also slow as sh#t, and boring to drive. My friends called it the "penalty box". 0-60 in about 15 seconds.

Sold it to my little brother and eventually got a 1976 280Z. Loved that car, but was totaled when someone ran a red light and T-boned me.

After years of other sporty/sports cars - Scirocco, RX-7 (2), Supra, Integra, CL Type-S, I got an Infiniti G37S. Nice car, but a little too luxurious/not sporty enough for my taste.

Traded the G for a 2011 370Z Sport Touring. Dumped ridiculous sums of money into that car for mods, but loved it. Eventually sold it and now have an Audi TT RS.

Of all the cars I have owned over the past 45+ years, the Z is the one car I regret selling. Currently looking at a C8, Lotus Emira, and the new Z. I have to admit that the Z is really pulling at my sentimental heart strings. Had more fun with, and met so many great friends, while owning that car.

My experience with my last Z was great reliability-wise; zero problems and perfect build quality. That experience carries a lot of weight in my upcoming purchase decision. Even at almost $100K, the C8's still seem to have paint and other build issues. Lotus forums read like a horror show, but the new Emira plant is supposed to fix all that. Not sure I want to be a "first adopter".

My recommendation for all the first time Nissan/Z owners is to buy with confidence. Good Luck!