Will the Z’s weight matter to you? / How the Z's weight stack up to the competition

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
Oy, I’m not going to lie she is a bit portly…to put it into perspective my Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport AWD Sedan weighs in at 3632lbs. That’s with a glass roof, The ZF8 auto with AWD and 2 extra doors and a back seat. There is a lot of aluminum used in the Alfa though from the body, to all of the suspension components and she has a CF driveshaft and the 2.0L MA engine from AR weighs less than the 3.0L Nissan’s but still ?‍♂

I can definitely understand why performance numbers haven’t been posted by Nissan. Won’t change me getting it or not but that is a fairly high weight. Every calculator I’ve ran puts the Z 0-60 at roughly 4.0s.

On that note, I’d be interested to find out if the manual’s CF drive shaft would fit the auto…I have my doubts but that alone would get it into the high 3s.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
It's the maximum weight that the car is rated to handle, including occupants and cargo. A higher GVWR is a good thing, it's the kerb/curb weight you want to be low.
OT, but I respect the name.

TROGDOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
BURNINATING THE COUNTRYSIDEEEEEEE
You know you're old when you remember the original memes and birth of YouTube and Flash.

badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
You know you're old when you remember the original memes and birth of YouTube and Flash.

badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger
Or remember eating a bowl of cereal in front of a 13ch tv watching Saturday morning cartoons ????

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
You know you're old when you remember the only sources of new car information trickled in once a month from Car and Driver, Motortrend and Road and Track.

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Or how about so old that you remember food stamps, government cheese and Reaganomics?
I have some vague recollection of "freedom fries" from adolescence....
Ok so takemorepills is around 50, I’m around 40 and DevonK is around 30 ?.

DevonK I think you guys even had “Freedom Toast” for a short bit, too? ?

Going back to that incident, I remember working up in Manitoba and hearing a plane go by and looking up in the sky…then two minutes later just one right after the other for what seemed like an eternity and then thinking to myself “Oh, this can’t be good?”. I was right, it wasn’t good ?

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
I think we’ve officially turned this into a Jeff Foxworthy-ish thread: “You know you’re an old fart when…”?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Ok so takemorepills is around 50, I’m around 40 and DevonK is around 30 ?.

DevonK I think you guys even had “Freedom Toast” for a short bit, too? ?

Going back to that incident, I remember working up in Manitoba and hearing a plane go by and looking up in the sky…then two minutes later just one right after the other for what seemed like an eternity and then thinking to myself “Oh, this can’t be good?”. I was right, it wasn’t good ?
I'm 45, but we was poor growing up.

Also, I reckon poor Canadians had a different experience than US citizens. I kinda imagine being poor in Canada to be like Trailer Park Boys.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
The new BMW M240i Coupe is at 3,800 lbs with the 382HP engine. Makes the Z seem like a feather in comparison.

Reactions: MGD

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
I'm 45, but we was poor growing up.

Also, I reckon poor Canadians had a different experience than US citizens. I kinda imagine being poor in Canada to be like Trailer Park Boys.
Not too shabby, I’m 44…we were middle class growing as my Dad was an industrial electrician and my Mom a telephone operator but we sure felt the pinch when mortgage rates were at nearly 20% ?

And you’d reckon right…TPB is pretty accurate! ?

The new BMW M240i Coupe is at 3,800 lbs with the 382HP engine. Makes the Z seem like a feather in comparison.
Absolutely, but if it was meant to knock the Supra off it’s pedestal not sure that’s going to happen…at best it might make it break a sweat. We‘ll have to see how well the Z handles her weight ?