First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I've found Rejex to be a good polymer sealant. Its advantage, IMHO, is that it seems to last longer than others I've used such as Adams Paint Sealant. On glass, I compare it to RainX, which I think is terrible. It doesn't last long and gets gummy toward the end of its life. I'm pretty old-school and have no experience with the graphene-based ceramic coatings, although I am intrigued. The downside there is the much higher cost, and the fact that much cheaper Rejex is working OK for me relative to my needs.
i used to use rain x, haven't in a long time because i didn't think it was as good as first advertised. it's good to have more options these days

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I have 2 SUV's that get put through the car wash at least weekly to remove mud, salt, and debris. Twice a year and as needed, they get hand-washed and waxed in a fairly futile effort at paint protection. My Evora has PPF on the front, and it's always hand-washed and waxed. I use Blackfire shampoo and polymer sealant on the exterior, and Griot's interior cleaner for plastics and leather wipes for the seats, as well as some other specialty products, incl Poorboys' Bug Squash remover. Two buckets and a good tire brush and wheel woolies are essential. I have a lot of products, and I bought a wheeled garage cabinet for storage that I can just move out to the driveway on wash day.

I had PPF put on the front of my Z and the remainder ceramic-coated with Opti-coat. At the advice of the installer, I'm using Opti-coat products on this.

There's a car wash near here where I used to take my 350Z. You pulled into a bay, got out, selected the cycles you wanted (Rinse-Soap-Rinse-Sealant, whatever) and used a high pressure hose with a wand on it to wash the car. It generated a lot more pressure than my garden hose and was awesome at removing brake dust and pine needles from under the wipers. I don't think I'll do that with my new Z because I'd be afraid the water would lift the edges of the PPF.
thanks for the tips...

noticed you mentioned poorboys' bug squash remover, where do you get it from?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I wonder who takes there Z to a car wash?

I also use the 2 bucket method.
Ryobi pressure washer, mckillans foam cannon and spray gun … super easy to clean my Z . I enjoy it !

IMG_6166.jpeg
Foam cannon is just a device that attaches to a pressure washer which applies a foamy /snow type of soap on the car .
Many companies make them. I would say it makes washing the car more enjoyable honestly .
gonna start watching some videos to see how it's done properly. thanks for the info...

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
gonna start watching some videos to see how it's done properly. thanks for the info...
The soap you use is at least as important as the hardware. Not all soaps foam the same. An actual car wash foaming soap is more important than the specific brand. A nice thick layer of soap provides more lubrication for your sheepskin wash mitt and keeps the dirt particles in suspension, therefore less paint damage from the scrubbing process (which is the entire point of using a foam cannon tp wash your car).. Adam's MegaFoam creates the most impressive foam layer IMHO but I'm not sure that it's worth the price. There are others that are a lot cheaper and almost as foamy.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I use Adams Polishes for all my detailing care. But no longer use the foam canon as the foam no longer sticks to ceramic coated care lol

Mugzilla

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Sport (MT)
Occupation
printer repair man
@Brock so you did the ceramic coating yourself? Did you do polishing beforehand? Claying? I have clayed and chemical deconned cars before, but am a little afraid of ceramic (And the consequences of messing up.) Adams is on my radar mainly for their reputation and the UV light to see if I missed a spot!

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Yes Adams Polishes is a great company. They have a ton of YouTube videos to help you along the way. I washed, Clay bard
Then, used an Iron Remover. Then used a Strip wash. Then bought the UV Graphene infused kit. It comes with a UV flashlight that helps in finding where you missed in the application process. Then let it cure 24 hrs. Then applied a graphene infused wax. If you ever need it, they also sell a product that easily removes ceramic coatings! 😊

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Yes Adams Polishes is a great company. They have a ton of YouTube videos to help you along the way. I washed, Clay bard
Then, used an Iron Remover. Then used a Strip wash. Then bought the UV Graphene infused kit. It comes with a UV flashlight that helps in finding where you missed in the application process. Then let it cure 24 hrs. Then applied a graphene infused wax. If you ever need it, they also sell a product that easily removes ceramic coatings! 😊
gonna check out their line of products and watch some videos.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
@Brock so you did the ceramic coating yourself? Did you do polishing beforehand? Claying? I have clayed and chemical deconned cars before, but am a little afraid of ceramic (And the consequences of messing up.) Adams is on my radar mainly for their reputation and the UV light to see if I missed a spot!
that uv light detection is a cool idea...