What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
1651794163697.png

EDIT…I thought I should explain, forgot most you guys probably don’t give a crap about this case….BUT, this is Amber Heards testimony on the left, and on the right we have a script from the movie “the Talented Mr Ripley” …change the names and it’s word for word

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I hope she wins a YUUUGE settlement against Kroger. Everything is upside down when people get penalized for trying to do the right thing.
IMO, they should have reiterated their "no conflict" policy with her. Many Good Samaritan type employees have been fired, in my area, in the last few years over these exact same circumstances.
I actually do agree that physically getting involved isn't worth it. But, I totally disagree in firing someone. Sets a very bad message to criminals.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1651794163697.png

EDIT…I thought I should explain, forgot most you guys probably don’t give a crap about this case….BUT, this is Amber Heards testimony on the left, and on the right we have a script from the movie “the Talented Mr Ripley” …change the names and it’s word for word
I think this is fake news. I tried searching to see if I could find video, audio, or official transcript of this testimony, but could only find this meme and people repeating it on Twitter. Some person on TV 'reported' that she was doing movie quotes, but didn't provide any sound or video bites regarding this specific Talented Mr Ripley thing.

Now, I know the legitimacy and neutrality of Snopes has been called into question these days (what institution's hasnt?), but they gave this internet meme a FALSE.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think this is fake news. I tried searching to see if I could find video, audio, or official transcript of this testimony, but could only find this meme and people repeating it on Twitter. Some person on TV 'reported' that she was doing movie quotes, but didn't provide any sound or video bites regarding this specific Talented Mr Ripley thing.

Now, I know the legitimacy and neutrality of Snopes has been called into question these days (what institution's hasnt?), but they gave this internet meme a FALSE.
They say it’s false because she never made a testimony….but she did speak of her life with Depp…if It was not line for line it was very close, I watched this section.
But happy to say I’m wrong for now

She is still lying for sure, bottles forcefully inserted over and over again is going to need medical attention..which there is no record off

Dont get me wrong, don’t think JD is any angel

However we will move on from it now, don’t want to risk hijacking the page 🤣

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They say it’s false because she never made a testimony….but she did speak of her life with Depp…if It was not line for line it was very close, I watched this section.
But happy to say I’m wrong for now

She is still lying for sure, bottles forcefully inserted over and over again is going to need medical attention..which there is no record off

Dont get me wrong, don’t think JD is any angel

However we will move on from it now, don’t want to risk hijacking the page 🤣
Yeah, I did see clips where she said things on the stand that were very similar to lines in some movies, but I just didn't find anything specific to the Talented Mr Ripley thing.

And yes, while Johnny is no saint, Amber Turd certainly appears to be a lying sack o' crap.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've been watching the case every day, it's really entertaining and Amber Turd is a fraud. her testimony yesterday made me cringe with her trying to force herself to cry with no tears or using any tissues LOL.
look at this... overacting, much? I dunno how anybody can take her seriously after it's all said and done.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
So I know this might not be big news in comparison to what’s going on in the world to you guys….but I’m celebrating!
Finally West Australians will no longer be forced to wear masks indoors, kids can go to school without masks, we can travel in our own country without permission or a boarder pass, and no longer have to isolate if we are a close contact (but still need to test daily), no need to show vax status in public settings, and hospitality industry is permitted to once again operate at 100% capacity…it seems at last we are rejoining the rest of the world
Last thing that remains is mandatory vaccination to work in 75% of industries…which really makes no sense. You can go to a pub if you are not vaccinated now…but you can’t work there if you are not🤷‍♀️
Government at its best.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
1651794163697.png

No surprise here. They both deserve each other.