Nissan News Thread

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nissan earned its second-to-last spot for collecting some of the creepiest categories of data we have ever seen. It’s worth reading the review in full, but you should know it includes your “sexual activity.” Not to be out done, Kia also mentions they can collect information about your “sex life” in their privacy policy. Oh, and six car companies say they can collect your “genetic information” or “genetic characteristics.” Yes, reading car privacy policies is a scary endeavor.

https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/pr...d-for-privacy/
At least Kia denied or clarified some of the allegations.

I also get tired of the alphabet soup and diversity marketing emails Nissan sends to me regularly.

Can't they just focus on making vehicles? You know the ship is adrift when they lose focus on the mission....

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
I don't install any of the Nissan apps on my phone, and now I'm considering disabling the 4G LTE radio in the roof of my Titan and seeing where the chips fall.

Fk off with all of that.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
How tf does a car take your genetic information?
It can't...yet...probably...I hope.

I'm sure they're just future-proofing their privacy policy for the day that you touch the DNA sensor to activate the vehicle.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
How tf does a car take your genetic information?
I think it's in the Nissan Connected TOS for the app you install on your phone. The TOS basically says they can snoop all around the inside of your phone. Instant messages, dating apps, social media, people don't seem very aware of how much they "agree" to, because who's reading those multipage TOS's anyways? Most of your apps allow cross-app info sharing.