What will stop you from owning the new Z?

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I haven’t considered this. I’m 6’3”. Should I be worried? Lol
That depends. Fitting is relative to each person. I don't fit to my standards in a current Z because the steering wheel doesn't telescope and the wheel pushes against my knees which is uncomfortable for me. If the wheel in the new Z adds telescope abilty to then I will fit comfortably for me.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
If the starting price is way more than expected. My backup plan will be either the GR 86 or BRZ....which I like also. But I really want that Z first and foremost. I'll play the waiting game if I have to.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
i maybe tempted by the Supra if Toyota adds a manual and lowers the MSRP by adding a base 3.0 model again.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Only if I end up getting a Challenger first this summer.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I'm dead set it on it. Def not New, as markups will be there plus the wait times due to chip shortage could mean we'll see deliveries in Summer versus Spring. I'll just for lightly used/CPO unless my then-wife wants New, then i'll get new :)

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
At this stage I’m pretty committed. Only three things could change my mind
1.. price a lot higher than expected
2..a manual car in one of the three colours that I would accept is not available and
3..when it comes time to trade in, I can’t let my Peugeot go (there will be tears)
i would hate for you to give up that ride...it is soooo sweet

2. 2022 wrx/sti
This is the only thing that could stop me, I am waiting to see the specs as i think it will be a great car. And i want to see which one will come out quicker
im excited about it too...almost pulled the trigger on a new 2021, but thought id wait and see.
if the sti is in the $45-50 range and the z $35-40, which would you get?

Yea it simply comes down to the price.. if I can get the performance we expect around 40k it’s a bargain. If it creeps into Supra territory then I’m probably out. I love what it offers but can’t justify a 50k+ Nissan.

I’d probably get a used cayman at that point.

Edit: also if they put the DAS from the Infiniti for some ungodly reason. That would be an immediate no-go.
i waited almost 4 yrs for the new supra, had my name down at 2 dealership i prev bought cars from.
finding out it was a re-skinned z4...and no manual...and low power....and bmw motor broke my heart.
ive owned 3 real supras thus far, toyota will not get that money now...nissan or subaru will get it at this point.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I haven’t considered this. I’m 6’3”. Should I be worried? Lol
I've been sweating this a little too (I'm 6'6") however Drive 615 said he's 6'5" and once settled in, felt pretty comfortable. Didn't adjust steering wheel because proto, but it alleviated a lot of fears for me (7:40ish in). Also pretty sure I spotted some gaps between wheel column and dash, which combined with his comment about moving it (perhaps he saw a lever but didn't point it out?) I'd assume translates to adjustability

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Price, if it starts well over 40 - it doesn't make sense to me anymore over say a elderly owned, gently used C7.....or I can get in line for a C8 (lol)

Bang for Buck
370Z Chassis
VR30 Motor
Stick
Nissan Reliability x Proven, off the shelf parts.

I've always said "The 370Z would be the perfect FR if it just had a little more power" - Z34 is honestly the best handling car I've ever owned outside of my FD years ago.

40th Anniversary with every Nismo part out of the catalog, stock Sport Wheels, PSS tires - It was damned near impossible to chirp the rubber or have TCS kick in. The Z34 chassis has a good deal of mechanical grip - that's why I'm not pissed off they reused the chassis.

Rather them reuse the Z34 (FM rev2) vs FM rev3 (aka Q60 platform)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Price, if it starts well over 40 - it doesn't make sense to me anymore over say a elderly owned, gently used C7.....or I can get in line for a C8 (lol)

Bang for Buck
370Z Chassis
VR30 Motor
Stick
Nissan Reliability x Proven, off the shelf parts.

I've always said "The 370Z would be the perfect FR if it just had a little more power" - Z34 is honestly the best handling car I've ever owned outside of my FD years ago.

40th Anniversary with every Nismo part out of the catalog, stock Sport Wheels, PSS tires - It was damned near impossible to chirp the rubber or have TCS kick in. The Z34 chassis has a good deal of mechanical grip - that's why I'm not pissed off they reused the chassis.

Rather them reuse the Z34 (FM rev2) vs FM rev3 (aka Q60 platform)
nissan using that platform makes perfect sense on cost savings and being able to offer the z at the $35k price point.

if toyota would have used a lexus chassis plus its own v6 and offered a manual option, most supra fans would have been pretty happy with it.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
The only thing that could possibly stop me (and I hope I'm not jinxing myself) is if my Impala which currently has 165K miles gives up the ghost before the Z goes on sale.

Well that, and if there are crazy dealer markups. I refuse to pay over MSRP.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
1. Price and dealer markups. A sport touring MSRP above $45k is when I’ll start looking at used or new aspirational vehicles. Nissan to me is about value. Above $45k, it’s hard for me to see value in a Nissan. There are so many cool cars available above $50k.

2. No colors I like. I’m picky.

3. The sport doesn’t have the GTR calipers from the proto like rumored. I mean that won’t completely kill it, but I’ll feel major disappointment.

I daily a 2018 Abarth 124 right now with a warranty until mid 2023 and I do not want to own that car outside of warranty. So that’s my decision timeline.