What will stop you from owning the new Z?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
) at what point does it make sense to stick with a 370Z and throw some bolt ons or a stillen package?
Never.

Also, at the very least you should be considering Topgunz A2A kit, not Stillen. Anyways, lots of hassle, factory boosted car is much better.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Can your seat move any further up (not forward)? I prefer the seat bottom angled back but the actual seat is raised up making for a really natural position to rest my arm. Visibility is better and how in control I feel outweighs any performance benefit of sitting lower on the street.

I don't think I've ever owned a car where I couldn't rest my arm comfortably on the door. 2.5RS Coupe was probably the worst, but that would be a deal-breaker as much as I roll with the windows down. Never been an issue with my Z's.
Yup, I could raise it. That would probably help with the arm on window sill comfort. I currently have my seat as low as possible.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Never.

Also, at the very least you should be considering Topgunz A2A kit, not Stillen. Anyways, lots of hassle, factory boosted car is much better.
I just happened to have gone with Stillen on the 3" intakes up front, then the rest Invidia Gemini Exhaust and H&R Coilovers lowered of course. Was a bit of a firm ride that would beat you up but loved how it felt when you found some smooth pavement.

I did go with the Boulder Grey Performance with a dealer allocation that confirmed my order, not my reservation. Waiting for my production date as we speak. So I'm all in at this point. And given the prices of used cars right now I would rather pay a bit of a hike on a new car with warranty.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
What will stop you from owning the new Z?

The price - too expensive for me to buy brand new. :(
I might look at getting a second-hand one in a few years time, but only if forced to replace my current car.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
You guys have more patience than me. I don’t see myself waiting a few years to get this car. Maybe I’m being too optimistic but I expect to be able to afford some of the other cars I’ve always wanted by then.
The Z won't serve as my only car. It's a purely emotional purchase. I'm very anxious to drive one, but owning it is a non-necessity. Thus, I'm not willing pay over MSRP for one. If that means I don't get one for a long time, then so be it - I'll just have to find one on Turo.com to rent every once in a while.

Last edited:

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
You guys have more patience than me. I don’t see myself waiting a few years to get this car. Maybe I’m being too optimistic but I expect to be able to afford some of the other cars I’ve always wanted by then.
I'm in the same spot. Finished my education, landed my first sick job, no way I'm gonna lay back and wait to live the dream I had since I played NFS 2 in the late 90's. That being said, I don't "need" it. There are 2 other cars in our driveway, and believe it or not I still enjoy driving grocery getters cause I haven't been desensitized by dailying fast cars yet. Plus I don't need to drive to work for the foreseeable future.

So the Z would be purely a passion car, and an expression of my self. I give performance trim a value of $52,000 CAD max. A single penny over, and I will just get a Mustang Bullitt, which is easily my #2 choice.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I'm in the same spot. Finished my education, landed my first sick job, no way I'm gonna lay back and wait to live the dream I had since I played NFS 2 in the late 90's. That being said, I don't "need" it. There are 2 other cars in our driveway, and believe it or not I still enjoy driving grocery getters cause I haven't been desensitized by dailying fast cars yet. Plus I don't need to drive to work for the foreseeable future.

So the Z would be purely a passion car, and an expression of my self. I give performance trim a value of $52,000 CAD max. A single penny over, and I will just get a Mustang Bullitt, which is easily my #2 choice.
The Bullitt ceased production last year, good luck finding one. Its replacement, the Mach 1, is an amazing car but wow, $67k CAD. $10 less and I'd be looking for a test drive.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
At this point, the only thing keeping me out of this car is greedy dealership shenanigans.
They're called opportunists! Lol

With the summer arrival/shipment (~August), I'm waiting until December to see what the market is like. And it's never ideal to get newly designed cars in its first MY. I've done it before on a Subaru (American made) and there were number of kinks they needed to sort out.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

Total congrats on the new role! I live in dt Vancouver and since 2019 I have only put 5,000kms on my Porsche Cayenne S. That being said its an SUV and its being sold for the Z. Purely a passion car to enhance daily post-pandemic work from home life. We are permanently assigned to work from home so a passion car was strategic in my thinking. Completely agree. It will be my fourth Z so I'm eager to get this one in my underground parking.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
If the price vs usefulness of the vehicle diverge too far, that could cause me to tap out.

Or if it takes so long to get the vehicle (years), and the circumstances of life change, causing the vehicle to no longer fit lifestyle or location.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
The Bullitt ceased production last year, good luck finding one. Its replacement, the Mach 1, is an amazing car but wow, $67k CAD. $10 less and I'd be looking for a test drive.
You can still find lightly used ones in the high 50s. Worst case there's always a loaded GT premium...though I'd rather have the Z at that point. I like the Bullitt because my fav. color is green plus I love the clean styling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i may be out of the Z game for now...

took a look at a mkiv yesterday and i think i may pick this up instead.

20220216_233541.jpg