Sponsored

What suspension do you suggest for my needs...?

OP
OP

Shumax

Member
First Name
Curt
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
8
Location
Wooster, Ohio
Car(s)
2027 Nissan NISMO Z, manual
Occupation
Sales
Are you sure it's a "clunk" and not a metal screech or pop?

Assuming it's not something as dumb as nuts and bolts not being torqued down properly, the most common cause of coilover noise is the springs rotating under compression and grinding against the perch/mounts. This is not a Z problem, it' s a universal coilover problem for any units without thrust washers or bearings.

also, the "Nismo" coilovers you got from the factory aren't Nismos.
They're rebranded KW's, the last we looked at it.
They should be using rubber mounts everywhere as they're comfort oriented for soft drivers.
100% a clunk.
 
OP
OP

Shumax

Member
First Name
Curt
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
8
Location
Wooster, Ohio
Car(s)
2027 Nissan NISMO Z, manual
Occupation
Sales
As a, minor, update - I had my local mechanic look it over and there was nothing 'obvious' found. I'm taking it to Nissan on Saturday.

I still don't know which direction to go if they tell me the sound is 'normal.' I honestly can't believe that will happen as the noise is very noticeable and loud. But, trying to be prepared for that so I know which direction to go - springs, or different coilovers.

Thanks again...
 

OptionZero

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
342
Reaction score
270
Location
Norcal
Car(s)
2015 370Z Nismo
As a, minor, update - I had my local mechanic look it over and there was nothing 'obvious' found. I'm taking it to Nissan on Saturday.

I still don't know which direction to go if they tell me the sound is 'normal.' I honestly can't believe that will happen as the noise is very noticeable and loud. But, trying to be prepared for that so I know which direction to go - springs, or different coilovers.

Thanks again...
has anyone pulled the coilovers off the car to actually look at them

is this “loca mechanic” someone versed in aftermarket suspension specifically coilovers?

i would go to a true suspension shop that works on this stuff and not a general mechanic
 
 






Top