Sponsored

What suspension do you suggest for my needs...?

Shumax

Member
First Name
Curt
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Location
Wooster, Ohio
Car(s)
Mazda CX5 turbo
Occupation
Sales
I bought a 2027 NISMO Z, manual. My only goal is to rid of some of the wheel well gap. I am not concerned if it “lessens” performance on a track. I may go track it, but I am not hard core about it. So, let’s start there - main goal is reducing wheel well gap, some (maybe an inch??) - NOT slammed.

Even more important - NO NOISE. I do not want to hear popping, clunking, banging. Nothing. Silent.

Given the above, are you going with coilovers, or springs on the stock shocks?

Which option, above, is proven to do what I am looking for - reduce some wheel well gap and have the setup be completely silent.

From there, what brand fits the above best?

Thank you for your input - I appreciate it.
 

FatRatZ

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
76
Reaction score
110
Location
PA
Car(s)
2024 Heritage Z, 26 Infiniti QX60, 27 Infiniti QX80, 15 Infiniti Q50 and others
I bought a 2027 NISMO Z, manual. My only goal is to rid of some of the wheel well gap. I am not concerned if it “lessens” performance on a track. I may go track it, but I am not hard core about it. So, let’s start there - main goal is reducing wheel well gap, some (maybe an inch??) - NOT slammed.

Even more important - NO NOISE. I do not want to hear popping, clunking, banging. Nothing. Silent.

Given the above, are you going with coilovers, or springs on the stock shocks?

Which option, above, is proven to do what I am looking for - reduce some wheel well gap and have the setup be completely silent.

From there, what brand fits the above best?

Thank you for your input - I appreciate it.
Nismo coil overs. I dropped the car as you can see, I have it set fairly soft it rides well it’s factory and reliable. It’s factory fits of no noise clunks bumps or anything else.
IMG_4860.webp
 

kwak123

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Massachusetts
Car(s)
2024 Heritage Edition
Nismo coil overs. I dropped the car as you can see, I have it set fairly soft it rides well it’s factory and reliable. It’s factory fits of no noise clunks bumps or anything else.
IMG_4860.webp
Looks great. Think I saw you mentioned having AWE exhaust as well, heard some clearance problems could pop up. How have they been holding up?
 

FatRatZ

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
76
Reaction score
110
Location
PA
Car(s)
2024 Heritage Z, 26 Infiniti QX60, 27 Infiniti QX80, 15 Infiniti Q50 and others
Looks great. Think I saw you mentioned having AWE exhaust as well, heard some clearance problems could pop up. How have they been holding up?
The AWE exhaust still sounds good, but yes, it has clearance issues. However, if it relates to this question of lowering your car, that is not a problem - the pipe never touches ground. The clearance issues I have are two fold.
First, the pipe is such a large diameter that it hangs close to the x brace and winds up tapping on it over bumps, etc. I’ve seen others who have crushed the x-brace flat to get more room, but I don’t wanna do that.
The other is the alignment of the pipes in the cut outs in the rear bumper. Because of the weight of the 180° unit on the exhaust, kind of like a muffler, it has a tendency to continually rotate the pipe and move the tip out of the center of the bumper cut out.

But to be clear, lowering your car with that exhaust on it won’t be a problem in terms of ground clearance. Of course, if you lower it further, I can’t speak to that. My front lip, however, even at the drop I have, does scuff a bit more on the ground. Speed bumps, things like that.
 

Who.Am.Eye.2716

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
728
Reaction score
824
Location
WA State
Car(s)
Z
When you lower a car, you want to get adjustable end links to keep the swaybars neutral. If you dont, you will cause stress on the endlinks and will wear out prematurely causing clunking. The extra tension on the swaybars can reduce handling on spirited drives on curvy roads.
 
OP
OP

Shumax

Member
First Name
Curt
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Location
Wooster, Ohio
Car(s)
Mazda CX5 turbo
Occupation
Sales
So, let me elaborate more. I already have the NISMO coilovers installed - the dealer put them on; the car has 189 miles on it, at this point. Something in the front end is making a clunk noise over, literally, every imperfection in the road. It sounds like a metal ball clunking around in a wooden box.

I thought it may be the coilovers; but, reading above, I'm now wondering if it's the end links being over stressed. I did not replace those.

Hearing that someone else has the NISMO coilovers, with no noise, makes me wonder even more. FATRATZ, did you put aftermarket end links on?

It's going to Nissan on Thursday to let them look it over. It's a very noticeable sound and easily replicated. My thought was - if they give me the line of, 'that's just how they are,' they were coming off and I would replace with something else. Thus, this post.

Any advice/input would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
OP
OP

Shumax

Member
First Name
Curt
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Location
Wooster, Ohio
Car(s)
Mazda CX5 turbo
Occupation
Sales
Nismo coil overs. I dropped the car as you can see, I have it set fairly soft it rides well it’s factory and reliable. It’s factory fits of no noise clunks bumps or anything else.
IMG_4860.webp
I have the same set of coilovers on my NISMO. It sits like yours and is set to full soft. The clunking in the front end is very pronounced and annoying. Did you replace your end links in the front?
 
OP
OP

Shumax

Member
First Name
Curt
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Location
Wooster, Ohio
Car(s)
Mazda CX5 turbo
Occupation
Sales
When you lower a car, you want to get adjustable end links to keep the swaybars neutral. If you dont, you will cause stress on the endlinks and will wear out prematurely causing clunking. The extra tension on the swaybars can reduce handling on spirited drives on curvy roads.
Would this situation cause the clunking I've described above? I have the NISMO coilovers on it and the front-end noise is loud and very noticeable over even small imperfections in the road. Thanks.
 

FatRatZ

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
76
Reaction score
110
Location
PA
Car(s)
2024 Heritage Z, 26 Infiniti QX60, 27 Infiniti QX80, 15 Infiniti Q50 and others
I have the same set of coilovers on my NISMO. It sits like yours and is set to full soft. The clunking in the front end is very pronounced and annoying. Did you replace your end links in the front?
Not yet, I’m on the stock end links. Just the sway bars have been changed to the Nimo adjustables for now, but I’m ordering the upper control arms and end links soon.
But I don’t have any clunking or anything else.
 

VR30Infection

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
511
Reaction score
493
Location
California
Car(s)
24'Z Performance, 67' Barracuda
Factory end links are not going to be an issue. I’m lowered about 1 1/4” and do not have “clunking” or anything like that. As far as using adj end links to get the bars back to neutral is concerned, there is no room for that in the rear due to the rear camber arms being in the way. Just an fyi. Hope that helps.
 
 






Top