What is your maximum 'willingness to pay'?

Do you think I over paid?

• Total voters

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
I stopped by Brandon (FL) Nissan today. Was told one Pronto coming in tomorrow that's already sold with a good ADM (slight smile given).
Received this from Wesley Chapel Nissan yesterday. Since I'm not interested in owning a yellow car, I didn't bother discussing details.

IMG_9236 (2).jpg

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Get onto it quick boys….
Also someone on Facebook posted this…looks like laws similar to Aus in California

6A751763-1EAF-49D3-AFBA-64ECAFEC2B0E.jpeg
That law in CA refers to honesty in advertisement. Not prohibiting mark ups. Dealers just need to advertise any markups and ADMs they intend to ask for the vehicle, and not just sneak it in during negotiations, bait and switch

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That law in CA refers to honesty in advertisement. Not prohibiting mark ups. Dealers just need to advertise any markups and ADMs they intend to ask for the vehicle, and not just sneak it in during negotiations, bait and switch
Bummer…they certainly have it jigged to make the most of things for dealers and screw consumers

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
That's one of thing's I like about our advertising rules; price must be inclusive of all costs and taxes. Advertised amount is all you pay. No small print allowed.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
That's one of thing's I like about our advertising rules; price must be inclusive of all costs and taxes. Advertised amount is all you pay. No small print allowed.
In regard to our so-called Truth in Advertising laws, you're not able to do that in the US. If there's a trade involved, the value of that item is deducted from the total, and tax is applied to the result.

Also, taxes are set by municipality, and buyers will pay that tax based on their residence, and not the location of the store.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Also, taxes are set by municipality, and buyers will pay that tax based on their residence, and not the location of the store.
Interesting, that I didn't know. I did wonder about tax implications of buying vehicles interstate.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Interesting, that I didn't know. I did wonder about tax implications of buying vehicles interstate.
Even the neighboring county could have a different tax rate.

Most states are "reciprocal" in that any taxes paid to Dealer State A will be transferred to Buyer State B. If the two states are not reciprocal, then it's up to the Buyer to register the car in their state. The dealer will coordinate to make sure the lien, if any, is recorded in the Buyer's state.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Yep advertised price WILL include any ADMs printed on the window sticker. It's a disclosure.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
In regard to our so-called Truth in Advertising laws, you're not able to do that in the US. If there's a trade involved, the value of that item is deducted from the total, and tax is applied to the result.

Your last line is not entirely true. Kansas residents when purchasing in state pay the higher rate of dealership location (if purchasing from a dealership) or residence. KS vehicle sales tax is a scam for many reasons.