Sponsored

What do you keep in your glovebox?

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
208
Reaction score
164
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
I carry a code reader/eraser in all of my vehicles, driving in limp home mode on any vehicle sucks so I like to have instant access to engine codes - CELs. On most of my cars I carry a baton in the glove for personal safety reasons - we can't own guns here.

My purse goes on the shelf behind the passenger seat, a great place for such items.
 
Last edited:

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
1,976
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
You know wheel locks are worthless, right?
They're not, actually. They may not deter a professional, but they'll send some idiot kids with a 4-way onto the next.
 

Tranzor Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
May 6, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
462
Reaction score
546
Location
Texas
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Although I agree with the wheel lock debate, I also disagree with it. 18 year old kids aren't doing this shenanigans. It's seasoned professional thieves that can hammer on a socket a tad smaller than your wheel locks and take all you wheels within 2 minutes. If they want them bad enough, I promise you, they will absolutely take them.
 

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
208
Reaction score
164
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
Although I agree with the wheel lock debate, I also disagree with it. 18 year old kids aren't doing this shenanigans. It's seasoned professional thieves that can hammer on a socket a tad smaller than your wheel locks and take all you wheels within 2 minutes. If they want them bad enough, I promise you, they will absolutely take them.
I got wheel locks on my 26 Sport model from the factory/dealer, but I may not use them. I prefer the look without them. It has been decades since we have seen cars sitting on bricks, things you would have seen in downtown Detroit. We don't get any thefts in our small town or region, people just don't steal rims around here. You need to carry around a huge amount of tools to do it. Maybe it happens in larger urban areas of America. I might be more inclined to protect the Rays rims on the higher trimmed models, but no one is going to steal my base trim Sport wheels, even though I love my rims too. I likely won't run the wheel locks. My car is stored in the garage, it is a pleasure use vehicle and we don't travel in areas that are risky.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
1,976
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
I got wheel locks on my 26 Sport model from the factory/dealer, but I may not use them. I prefer the look without them. It has been decades since we have seen cars sitting on bricks, things you would have seen in downtown Detroit. We don't get any thefts in our small town or region, people just don't steal rims around here. You need to carry around a huge amount of tools to do it. Maybe it happens in larger urban areas of America. I might be more inclined to protect the Rays rims on the higher trimmed models, but no one is going to steal my base trim Sport wheels, even though I love my rims too. I likely won't run the wheel locks. My car is stored in the garage, it is a pleasure use vehicle and we don't travel in areas that are risky.
My buddy in Austin, TX recently came outside to two Hondas up on bricks missing their wheels & tires 😭
 

Tranzor Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
May 6, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
462
Reaction score
546
Location
Texas
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I got wheel locks on my 26 Sport model from the factory/dealer, but I may not use them. I prefer the look without them. It has been decades since we have seen cars sitting on bricks, things you would have seen in downtown Detroit. We don't get any thefts in our small town or region, people just don't steal rims around here. You need to carry around a huge amount of tools to do it. Maybe it happens in larger urban areas of America. I might be more inclined to protect the Rays rims on the higher trimmed models, but no one is going to steal my base trim Sport wheels, even though I love my rims too. I likely won't run the wheel locks. My car is stored in the garage, it is a pleasure use vehicle and we don't travel in areas that are risky.
You have wheel locks from the dealership because they charged you $250 for a $22 Amazon item. They steal from you. That's what they do.

I live in a major city and can confirm stealing wheels is like burping after a coke. Don't be naive and think this isn't happening. It absolutely is happening.
 

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
208
Reaction score
164
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
You have wheel locks from the dealership because they charged you $250 for a $22 Amazon item. They steal from you. That's what they do.

I live in a major city and can confirm stealing wheels is like burping after a coke. Don't be naive and think this isn't happening. It absolutely is happening.
I had no extra charge for wheel locks but they were put on by the dealer and built into their profit margin somewhere. If I said no to wheel locks it would not have saved me any money as they weren't invoiced.

I am not using them. That kind of crime does not exist like that in my region like it might in parts of the USA. Over 40 years of owning modified import cars with all sorts of fancy wheels, and no one has ever attempted to steal them. Many nights I forget to lock my vehicle doors and never had issues that way either. Everyone knows their surroundings and where they travel and live, and they need to prepare that way.

If anyone wants a set of Nissan wheel locks I'd gladly give them away. I prefer to have all the same lugs when rotating wheels, a bit easier that way.
 
Last edited:

BigBlue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
118
Reaction score
128
Location
USA Southeast
Car(s)
2024 Performance Trim. Everest white
I keep a small book in the glove box to check the win column if a manual Z pulls up on me. Used to keep the spare mag in the glove box but found I can reload faster out of the center console.
 
 






Top