Watanabe Racing F8 Type Gunmetal Rims have arrived!

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Finally after an almost 7 month wait my F8 type Wats have arrived😳 😀 So I just need to get TPMS stems and mount them on the Proto. Running stock size Conti Extreme DWS06 plus tires on these. I’ll post pics installed on the Proto soon! So What do you guys think??

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I called My Nissan Dealer and Z1 Motorsports and am told the TPMS devices are on indefinite backorder right now. Anyone have a source that they are aware of that would have them available right away??

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Those are going to look so good!

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Finally after an almost 7 month wait my F8 type Wats have arrived😳 😀 So I just need to get TPMS stems and mount them on the Proto. Running stock size Conti Extreme DWS06 plus tires on these. I’ll post pics installed on the Proto soon! So What do you guys think??

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg
Very Nice!
I had these on my list but didn’t have the patience….I’m sure they’re gonna be well worth the wait. Can’t wait to see them and congrats! 👍🏼

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Congratulations. Your Z will pop with those wheels. Anxious to see them mounted.

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
i'm not much of a wheel guy but these are impressive. I now have this desire of getting them myself. would you share info for ordering pls ? i need details (specs, options to chose that fits the z) and the seller if possible bc this is my first time shopping for rims ever. looking forward to seeing your z with new shoes.

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
update: i contacted rs wayanabe and got their reply:
"....
Watanabe does not have the size and offset exactly you are looking for but they have the sizes close to your one.

Also for 19 inch, they can not change the offset. How about 18 inch wheels? As they can make the offset on your demand....."

i used the offset 19x9.5j +40 and 19x10j +30 from nissan specs in my order request, so it seems no 19" without mod to fenders possible. i may have to let this go.

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
update: Watanabe just announced nissan z wheels exclusive design:

https://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/newrz34/

the person who emailed me missed this news by a day (edit: the latest email mentioned these pics from the new ad, must have been just updated with my inquiries.)
note that offsets of both front and rear, and width of the rear wheels are different fr nissan manual but obviously the fitment is good. there is no mention of whether mods are necessary so i'm email them asking about it.

Last edited:

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
update: Watanabe just announced nissan z wheels exclusive design:

https://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/newrz34/

the person who emailed me missed this news by a day (edit: the latest email mentioned these pics from the new ad, must have been just updated with my inquiries.)
note that offsets of both front and rear, and width of the rear wheels are different fr nissan manual but obviously the fitment is good. there is no mention of whether mods are necessary so i'm email them asking about it.
Thanks for finding all this out, these wheels are a top contender for me. I just really need them to be ordered how I want in 19"

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
you're most welcome. It seems the offset on these 19" watanabe though not the same as in the manual will work with the z ok. I'm waiting for a reply fr watanabe about the weights of these wheels before ordering, I'm hoping they are not too bad.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'll be at JCCS Long Beach next month, sure will talk to Watanabe reps there on availability and sizing for the Z. Last year they don't have it on their catalog. Love my 16x9/9.5 set on the S30, so classic! These will be awesome on the new Z.