Watanabe Racing F8 Type Gunmetal Rims have arrived!

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
Any update on these wheels? I am really wanting to start making a few changes to my Z.

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
Finally after an almost 7 month wait my F8 type Wats have arrivedšŸ˜³ šŸ˜€ So I just need to get TPMS stems and mount them on the Proto. Running stock size Conti Extreme DWS06 plus tires on these. Iā€™ll post pics installed on the Proto soon! So What do you guys think??

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg
Finally after an almost 7 month wait my F8 type Wats have arrivedšŸ˜³ šŸ˜€ So I just need to get TPMS stems and mount them on the Proto. Running stock size Conti Extreme DWS06 plus tires on these. Iā€™ll post pics installed on the Proto soon! So What do you guys think??

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg
What lug nuts are you going to use? In the picture they look black, my OEM lugs are chrome.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Any update on these wheels? I am really wanting to start making a few changes to my Z.
I was notified today that Nissan now has the TPMS monitors. I will have the Wats installed as soon as get them.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any update with pics?
Yes..after
Getting the TPMS sensors I realized that I needed the Outside nut and washer..of course these are sold separately. Got those in Friday and just need to get the tires installed..next week.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Yes..after
Getting the TPMS sensors I realized that I needed the Outside nut and washer..of course these are sold separately. Got those in Friday and just need to get the tires installed..next week.
Are the tpms sensors needed? I was just thinking monitoring them manually and when i switch back to stock wheels it would b fine no? I just put in my order for the new z spec and the wait begins about 4 months waiting time. I will order the caps and nuts separately elsewhere

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are the tpms sensors needed? I was just thinking monitoring them manually and when i switch back to stock wheels it would b fine no? I just put in my order for the new z spec and the wait begins about 4 months waiting time. I will order the caps and nuts separately elsewhere
My understanding is that without them you would constantly have a tire warning. But im
Not certain you couldnā€™t disable this.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
My understanding is that without them you would constantly have a tire warning. But im
Not certain you couldnā€™t disable this.
Yeah you'll definitely have a light. I have tpms with my new wheels but havent synced them yet so ive been driving around with the light on lol. Most annoying thing is NissanConnect emails me every single fking time I drive my car letting me know the pressure is low or broken. Ill need to see if i can disable or opt of these emails until i get the sensors synced.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
what sizes are your center caps that came with the wheels? i noticed theres a bunch of diff sizes i will also need to order them separately at a later date

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I dropped off the Continental DWS 06 tires and The Wats to have them mounted and balanced. Service Center said they would be done in 48 hours. Iā€™ll get photos out by end midweek.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
what sizes are your center caps that came with the wheels? i noticed theres a bunch of diff sizes i will also need to order them separately at a later date
Center caps were standard. I had only options of black caps with red and white lettering .

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah you'll definitely have a light. I have tpms with my new wheels but havent synced them yet so ive been driving around with the light on lol. Most annoying thing is NissanConnect emails me every single fking time I drive my car letting me know the pressure is low or broken. Ill need to see if i can disable or opt of these emails until i get the sensors synced.
Thatā€™s what I assumed would happen:( I was forced to buy about $400 worth of TPMS monitors etc to avoid this. Backorders are past us now.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thatā€™s what I assumed would happen:( I was forced to buy about $400 worth of TPMS monitors etc to avoid this. Backorders are past us now.
is there no recalibration option?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
is there no recalibration option?
Yeah you should be able to recalibrate if using the original sensors. For me, I didnt want to unmount the original tires just to grab the sensors so i bought another full set for my new wheels / tires.