Watanabe Racing F8 Type Gunmetal Rims have arrived!

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
F8 Wats got installed this morning! They are SICK Nice!! So Dang Iconic! Way nicer in person too! Better than anticipated with the Yellow :) So go ahead and judge for yourselves. This is a 6MT proto Z. I installed Continental EC DWS06 plus tires. Took six months to get the Rims made and delivered to US and another 2 for TPMS sensors. Long wait but worth it. The only thing I’m not necessarily settled on is the red center caps. They offer black/white as well. Thoughts would be appreciated on center cap decision?

IMG_2227.jpeg

IMG_2232.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

IMG_2222.jpeg

IMG_2218.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2233.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks amazing! I'd be tempted to leave the red center caps.. for some reason when I look at the photos, it gives me a sense of... authentic, old school vibes. It seems to suit the wheel
I agree after a few hours I like the Red ..it provides a pop of color too!

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
F8 Wats got installed this morning! They are SICK Nice!! So Dang Iconic! Way nicer in person too! Better than anticipated with the Yellow :) So go ahead and judge for yourselves. This is a 6MT proto Z. I installed Continental EC DWS06 plus tires. Took six months to get the tires and another 2 for TPMS sensors. Long wait but worth it. The only thing I’m not necessarily settled on is the red center caps. They offer black/white as well. Thoughts would be appreciated on center cap decision?

IMG_2227.jpeg

View attachment 20595

IMG_2232.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

IMG_2222.jpeg

IMG_2218.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2233.jpeg
Those look AMAZING! Now I just need to get a set ordered for myself. Think I'll go with the black/white center caps for my silver Z. With those offsets how flush are they with the fenders? Looks really close.

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
I agree with the above comments. Leave the red center caps on your yellow proto.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Those look AMAZING! Now I just need to get a set ordered for myself. Think I'll go with the black/white center caps for my silver Z. With those offsets how flush are they with the fenders? Looks really close.
The offsets are actually very close to fender edge. I am pleasantly satisfied with how they fit. I was thinking of adding spacers but not with these rims.

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
The offsets are actually very close to fender edge. I am pleasantly satisfied with how they fit. I was thinking of adding spacers but not with these rims.
Thanks for the info. I am probably going to start with a set of spacers for the factory rims until I can get a set of these.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Did you get the 19spec that just came out? I thought u got the 18s. Yea center caps is a def must when mine come in. What about tire sizes? Im gonna get the dws as well but for next season

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
They look great! I honestly didn't notice the red caps at first so id leave them as is.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you get the 19spec that just came out? I thought u got the 18s. Yea center caps is a def must when mine come in. What about tire sizes? Im gonna get the dws as well but for next season
These are 19’s. I happened to be the First US order in this size back in mid February. They are now advertising in their website. There is a noticeable difference with the Conti DWS tires!! Way better grip than the Factory skis. 🤣🤣

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
These are 19’s. I happened to be the First US order in this size back in mid February. They are now advertising in their website. There is a noticeable difference with the Conti DWS tires!! Way better grip than the Factory skis. 🤣🤣
Haha nice! How long was the wait approx? Yeah im most likely slapping on dws on them or swaping the bridgestones on there and with the oems dws. What tire size did u end up with?

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Haha nice! How long was the wait approx? Yeah im most likely slapping on dws on them or swaping the bridgestones on there and with the oems dws. What tire size did u end up with?
The wait for the Wats was just over 6
Months landed in my Driveway. My contact at buynowjapan.com said they took longer than anticipated due to new 19” size being manufactured. I would assume now that they have been produced they might take a shorter time to get. I also figured out that https://www.nissanoempartscenter.com has significantly lower prices for TPMS sensors, washers and nuts than my local dealerships did. I put the same size DWS tires as the factory Dunlop’s. I negotiated the tire addition as part of my sale price when I bought the car back in Sept of 2022. They fit fine to my eye so I’m happy with my decision.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like you got featured today
Glad they were doing the 40% off but the conversion rate is totally incorrect from google. I ended up paying about 2200 usd for the set not including shipping

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like you got featured today
Glad they were doing the 40% off but the conversion rate is totally incorrect from google. I ended up paying about 2200 usd for the set not including shipping
I think I paid close to that. Plus caps lugs and shipping. Cool on the Insta callout:)

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any close up pics of the wheel? Hows the clearance from the brakes n suchv