First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
not able to find decent import at a fair price, my nephew was showing me some american muscle he was interested in...i swear these old firebirds and camaros are twice what they were before the pandemic...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Just out of curiosity, I went to the Porsche website to shop 718. They actually have a disclaimer, that can't be closed out, that says "due to supply issues, please contact your dealer for alternative options". There's only 19 718 Caymans in the entire US, as far as I can tell. 0 in WA State.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so it seems used car prices are still insane. i enjoy watching these.

there's a green/tan 240 too...

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I wonder how much my RB26DETT 240Z will sell in today's market. Lower than any restored low-miles stock S30, I know, but tempting to fund the new Z. Or, maybe not.....

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I wonder how much my RB26DETT 240Z will sell in today's market. Lower than any restored low-miles stock S30, I know, but tempting to fund the new Z. Or, maybe not.....
one way to find out...

post it on bring a trailer, set a ridiculously high reserve and see what happens.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I know on the West Coast you'd probably get an insane amount of money.

However, I'd warn you against it.

I remember before "cash for cars" you could junkyard shop parts, and JDM crate engines were available and reasonably priced.
I recently got a chance at a mint 1990 CRX Si, only needed a rear cargo cover, and I'd like to do a ZC or B16 swap on it. 15 years ago, no prob. Affordable.
Nowadays all of the JDM engine suppliers are just moving basic engines, and the junkyards have been cleaned out.

I would need 6 figures to consider getting rid of your car, understanding it may be impossible to replace....

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nowadays all of the JDM engine suppliers are just moving basic engines, and the junkyards have been cleaned out.
Yep, one reason I’ve stopped tracking the Z. The RB is still strong healthy. It’s been pushed hard last couple of years, now just enjoying local shows and Cars n Coffee lol. I am interviewing local shops for turbo and Haltech upgrades though.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
amazing...not just car prices have skyrocketed. all the local jdm warehouses are out of 2jz's, 13b's, etc too.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
amazing...not just car prices have skyrocketed. all the local jdm warehouses are out of 2jz's, 13b's, etc too.
I was pricing some metal the other day, for a project with my son to build a small welding table, and the steel prices are nuts. $190 for a little 2x3ft 1/4 inch plate steel for the table top. What the &^%$#!? I'm thinking the rocker rails and bumpers I want to build for my old Jeep, will be very expensive now to fab. :(

In terms of used cars, one thing I've made a promise of myself to do, is buy my next older car from Arizona or some place down south. Due to all the rust problems I see for local older used cars here in Chicagoland. But with the prices in general now, that will probably be down the road.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I was pricing some metal the other day, for a project with my son to build a small welding table, and the steel prices are nuts. $190 for a little 2x3ft 1/4 inch plate steel for the table top. What the &^%$#!? I'm thinking the rocker rails and bumpers I want to build for my old Jeep, will be very expensive now to fab. :(

In terms of used cars, one thing I've made a promise of myself to do, is buy my next older car from Arizona or some place down south. Due to all the rust problems I see for local older used cars here in Chicagoland. But with the prices in general now, that will probably be down the road.
tell me about...

just put a metal roof on the house im building. ive heard it's almost twice what it was before the pandemic.

also the new house building craze here in texas doesn't help things. my new house started out a as a barndominium, but have since gone to wood built.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Wow. What about SR20's? Although to be fair, this close to Race Wars, they too are probably going for a premium...

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater