Upgraded Sway Bars?

kappa_md

First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R (FK8), Toyota GR Yaris (GXPA16)
Occupation
Surgeon
Anyone who installed upgraded sway bars? For an FR platform (front engine, rear wheel drine) upgraded sway bars usually bring more out of the car?

I’m thinking Eibach sway bars or Cusco? Any thoughts on this? I’ve done Eibach sway bars in my Toyota 86 and worked really well.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
From what I've read, and heard in some reviews that the car does have a bit of a tendency to pitch from side to side a fair bit in factory form. Having a good set of aftermarket sways front and rear will probably make a world of difference in how the car behaves. Anything to tighten up the roll in and out of corners and give it a more planted feeling can't hurt!

I purchased the Z1 front and rear kit for my car. Have yet to install because I'm still waiting on a Z. Hah

OP
OP

kappa_md

First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Surgeon
Having done some autocross events the Z really does need some thicker sways for sure
Do you think Eibach would do? Or which ones to get?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Do you think Eibach would do? Or which ones to get?

I don't have any personal experience with them but it's always been a brand I've seen used. Z1 has a set as mentioned before and there is even a set by NISMO USA. Most are going to be very similar as long as you got a thicker piece up front especially. it should cut down on that initial body roll at least a little

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
+1 For the needed group. Id also recommend the chassis and tie bar braces. I used the z1 set for the 370z for almost 8 years and will be installing them on this car very soon.

OP
OP

kappa_md

First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Surgeon
+1 For the needed group. Id also recommend the chassis and tie bar braces. I used the z1 set for the 370z for almost 8 years and will be installing them on this car very soon.
I’ll be getting the Z1 chassis lower front and rear tie bars. Just thinking of which sway bar route to go.

Also thinking of adjustable lower arms to dial geometry better for my street/track setup

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
How much clearance is there between the rear brace and the exhaust system? Enough for most aftermarket systems to fit?

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
How much clearance is there between the rear brace and the exhaust system? Enough for most aftermarket systems to fit?
I never measured but I had an authentic Zele exhaust and it worked with it just fine. Once I get my set in this Z and the boost logic exhaust I can report back, it is 3" piping.

Reactions: KCZ

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Waiting on Cusco to start coming out with sway bars / suspension goodies 👍🏼

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
I just installed the Z1 sways with adjustable end links, waiting on the coilovers to be shipped.

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Just a follow up on this, everything fits perfectly with a 3" Boostlogic system. So id imagine most others should have no issue.