MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Supra starting to look better now guys?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
MSRP only matters if you expect to pay MSRP.
I doubt that would be true within a year or two.
Chip shortage will continue into next year (2023).

I estimated $8k for the performance package.
Can't say I am shocked by the $10k price tag, but certainly a bit disappointed.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Atacama Yellow Toyota Z4 M40i Premium GTS
Occupation
Full Time Rubber Band Elasticity Tester
Damn! $40k for a Basic USB-A, $50k for a USB-A 2.0, $53k for a Special Colored USB-A 2.0. Smokin' deal!

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Exactly where I am as well. However if the $50k USD price is accurate, and if Nissan follows its tradition of eating about half of the exchange rate premium vs. the US price, the car will be about $57k CAD. Ouch. Add $2k shipping etc. and 13% taxes and you are at about $66,600. I can get a BRZ top trim for $39k CAD OTD. Or a Miata RF with the sport/Recaro/BBS for $52600 CAD OTD.
I agree but those cars don’t have much power compared to the Z.
I will prob go with a Camaro SS1. 50 more HP and Torque and will prob be lower then the Z.

I just pray it’s lower because I want the Z badly. But price must be right

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This will be an interesting launch to say the least and it will get sideways really quick if the dealers screw it up. I don't think planning to wait a year to buy a used Z at a lesser price is a realistic option, not when disguising new vehicles as used to achieve "market pricing" has been one of the dealership mafia's primary schemes to sneakily inflate prices and make massive profits. And if it's not a dealer doing this it's your average Joe trying to flip a new high demand vehicle for a quick profit, so overall the used market prices will stay inflated for the latest hot new vehicles. But if you've been following Autotrader for the past couple years it appears to me that all the OEM brand's dealers are taking brand new stock and rolling it down the street to affiliated network dealerships (different brand but in the same ownership group) and selling it as "certified used" with like 16 miles on the ODO for some random inflated market adjustment like $11,899 over MSRP, called the real-time market price. They avoid bad publicity and maybe more importantly OEM scrutiny/punishment that could come from outrageous ADMs, by instead calling the new vehicle used and inflating the price to an arbitrary "market price". If it doesn't sell right away they will reduce price in small increments monthly until it does, still way above MSRP. The big X factor will be production numbers, the fewer Z's made the more ADM, worthless but costly pre-installed "add-ons" (nitrogen in tires for $699, etc) and overall shady dealer shenanigans will be running rampant. Nissan corporate I'm sure is a bit worried that the dealership network's greed could quickly price this car out of reach of the affordable "dance partner" sports car segment.
OEM dealer markups in Canada are illegal.

however, ma and pa shops that’s down the road have all the stock your post makes all the sense up here. For example, no Cheverolet near me have any C8s and won’t have any 2-3 years away. But some random places with 16-30 km on these cars are going way over. That’s how they beat the illegal markups from oem dealers. I’m sure they got some deal in place

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Well that is one advantage of having the Nissan Canada reservation, protected from this bullsh!t.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
MSRP only matters if you expect to pay MSRP.
I doubt that would be true within a year or two.
Chip shortage will continue into next year (2023).

I estimated $8k for the performance package.
Can't say I am shocked by the $10k price tag, but certainly a bit disappointed.
Chips are not currently the worst issue. In fact, I think that's beginning to ease a bit.

With Shanghai still in an endless lockdown, there's 400+ cargo ships at anchor, over 600 at anchor for all of China combined, waiting to transfer cargo.
These are ships and containers that are part of the worldwide supply that are used by nearly everyone for commerce, that are stuck in China.

I'm waiting for a certain Yamaha motorcycle to come in, they've been built, but there's no cargo ships available to transport them.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
This has to be wrong on some level it doesn’t match the math unless they are like fuck it 50k for the US.
Honestly, I think that's exactly wtf just happened.

I hate to admit it but for 50k, I'd cross shop a manual Supra....I just can't do 50k for a 370Z with a body kit and motor swap.

I get the pricing, Supra 3.0 Base is 51k and Supra 3.0 Premium is 60k but still, this is not a 40-50k car.

30-40k, Yes.
35-45k, I get it.....still undercuts the competition.
40-50k, You become the competition.

This pricing is falling in line with what I've heard about the Nismo (massive price jump ala R35 Nismo's price jump, I didn't wanna believe it)

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
When comparing the Z vs Supra, the Z falls short in just about every category now:

- Supra has a nicer interior (BMW or not, you're delusional if you think the Z interior is better)
- Supra has better performance (manufacturer HP figures are closer to WHP, it also weighs less than the Z, faster 0-60)
- Supra essentially has better practicality from a sports car perspective (bigger trunk space)
- Supra has better tech (Again, yes it is BMW but are you really going to try and argue that Nissan has better technology than BMW?)
- Supra 8AT/ZF is a whole league above Z 9AT and now a manual will be optional

The ONLY thing the Z has (or I guess had) going for it is the potential for an incredible bargain in the sports car segment it's in. And this is coming from A CURRENT 370Z OWNER.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
When comparing the Z vs Supra, the Z falls short in just about every category now:

- Supra has a nicer interior (BMW or not, you're delusional if you think the Z interior is better)
- Supra has better performance (manufacturer HP figures are closer to WHP, it also weighs less than the Z, faster 0-60)
- Supra essentially has better practicality from a sports car perspective (bigger trunk space)
- Supra has better tech (Again, yes it is BMW but are you really going to try and argue that Nissan has better technology than BMW?)
- Supra 8AT/ZF is a whole league above Z 9AT and now a manual will be optional

The ONLY thing the Z has (or I guess had) going for it is the potential for an incredible bargain in the sports car segment it's in. And this is coming from A CURRENT 370Z OWNER.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head, price and lack of M/T were our trap cards......I'm just waiting for Toyota to say "Oh!, we fixed the wind buffeting too!"

Don't forget the Supra is a hell of a lot cheaper to mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.