Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Dang, TH got lap times and the GR Corolla did better than the CTR LE.

And it out-dragged a last gen STI, and did very well against a Golf R.

For those of us that are concerned about weather related traction issues, the GR Corolla is king. The newest CTR may be able to reclaim it's track crown, but just barely, and only in favorable conditions

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
What would you put ahead of it?
Wow, that could be a really long list if I included used cars in that ~ $50k and under space but just off the top of my head new cars would be - Z, Mustang GT, Camaro SS, WRX, Cadillac CT4 /CT5, BMW 2/3, Tesla Model 3. It goes without saying that none of us knows what the markup will be on most of the new car releases (Z, GR, etc.,). How about yourself - would you take the GR over other ~ $50k options?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I contacted a supposed non-markup Toyota dealership here about ordering a GR Corolla Core with Performance, yet to hear back. I reckon I'll get on some kind of list for this and the Z, whichever happens first, I guess.

Just drove by my Nissan dealership, freaking pathetic inventory there. Maybe because Nissan dislikes the dealership, but they have hardly any inventory.
The front lot has 2-3 empty spaces between each vehicle, and most of those vehicles are not even new, or Nissan.
I can't see them getting Z's when they don't even have regular vehicles out front.

Campbell Nissan of Everett for anyone in the Seattle area, drive by or stop in. You'll see what kind of shape local dealers are in..... pretty sad!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I contacted a supposed non-markup Toyota dealership here about ordering a GR Corolla Core with Performance, yet to hear back. I reckon I'll get on some kind of list for this and the Z, whichever happens first, I guess.

Just drove by my Nissan dealership, freaking pathetic inventory there. Maybe because Nissan dislikes the dealership, but they have hardly any inventory.
The front lot has 2-3 empty spaces between each vehicle, and most of those vehicles are not even new, or Nissan.
I can't see them getting Z's when they don't even have regular vehicles out front.

Campbell Nissan of Everett for anyone in the Seattle area, drive by or stop in. You'll see what kind of shape local dealers are in..... pretty sad!
Nissan of Bellevue has this 2010
GTR for a measly $75K. 😵💫

-RJM

2EAC1AE8-5934-4CD0-85BF-3252660586D6.jpeg

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So, the dealer got back to me. They are only going to get 1 before the end of the year.

If I want to get on a list, I can, and I probably will. But the salesman was very blunt, they think they are only going to receive 2 of each trim level per year. Toyota has told their dealers they are still really struggling to manufacture vehicles...and these are made in the same factory as the Yaris

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
So it's bigger and heaver than the GR Yaris, but it has the same engine

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I hope Toyota watches these podcasts. That GR Corolla has so much potential as a daily, grocery getter rocket.

It was hilarious when they were describing the people that heavily mod their cars. Aka: the 350/370 Clapper Gang

“Cascading shit show of broken parts” 🤣

-RJM

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I hope Toyota watches these podcasts. That GR Corolla has so much potential as a daily, grocery getter rocket.

It was hilarious when they were describing the people that heavily mod their cars. Aka: the 350/370 Clapper Gang

“Cascading shit show of broken parts” 🤣

-RJM
Unfortunately, Toyota is not making enough of these cars. Even without supply chain issues, they build these at the GR factory in Japan and have capped the production.

Again, like everything these days, manufactured rarity.

Cruelly, they apply a reasonable MSRP to these, then let the bidding begin.

I swear, since that's just the way it is, don't even have an MSRP anymore..... it's just a cruel tease, just let these vehicles straight to auction.... because that's effectively what's happening......

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Man, Toyota is going full court press on this. Love it. Must mean it's arriving soon?

I also sincerely hope they can make enough of them to satiate demand.