Toyota GR Corolla

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
look what landed in my area. Probably a showroom one like they did with the proto specz

gr corolla 1.jpg

gr corolla 2.jpg
Is this the US? (I don't see location details on smartphone)
If it is, fuck all. I made a cynical, sarcastic remark a few months ago about the GR-FOUR showing up before the Z, despite being introduced months later.....

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Is this the US? (I don't see location details on smartphone)
If it is, fuck all. I made a cynical, sarcastic remark a few months ago about the GR-FOUR showing up before the Z, despite being introduced months later.....
Canada annicis island (its most likely a display car not for sale)

OP
OP
Haste

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Its a cool little car but will be damn near impossible to get in the US. One dealership here stated they had a waiting list of 25 people with deposits.

-RJM
I feel like I kind of got screwed for where I ended up on the list, but I'm 20th and they said that was the last deposit they were taking. I get an update from the dealer every 3-4 weeks but not expecting to have anything offered to me for a long time, if I'll still even want it by then.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I feel like I kind of got screwed for where I ended up on the list, but I'm 20th and they said that was the last deposit they were taking. I get an update from the dealer every 3-4 weeks but not expecting to have anything offered to me for a long time, if I'll still even want it by then.
How did you of all people end up being 20th!
You were one of the first here your enthusiasm was very noticeable

OP
OP
Haste

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
How did you of all people end up being 20th!
You were one of the first here your enthusiasm was very noticeable
I should have called around back in Nov to put a deposit down somewhere but I guess I just wasn't crazy interested at that time. I waited until the morning after the reveal (4/1) which was prob too little too late, and they told me they weren't taking deposits/making lists until Toyota released pricing. I should have stopped by in person and talked them into it. They then called me on 4/18 and said I could put a deposit down now but would be 20th on the list.

We have a Veloster N reserved that's expected to finally arrive at the dealer this coming Tuesday so I'm not really in a big rush for the Corolla. Similar type of car that we'll use the same way so just going to enjoy that in meantime and figure out the rest whenever they get to me.

Maybe by 2024 I'll finally get a new car that's actually for me. I never thought trying to hand over tens of thousands of dollars for a car would feel like this much of a luxury.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Question I have - is those that are so far down on the list - will it be easier to find a used car once all the hype wears off or wait it out for a new one?

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
I do like the current gen CTR and the new one that is coming out - but man, this GR is so nice. Won’t lie - would love to have one as a daily or a current gen CTR but right now - I won’t be in the market at least for 2yrs so hoping to see what hte used car market looks like as well as possibly new