First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I still don't get the boner for vented seats.

Google "ventilated seats issue" or "ventilated seats don't work". My friend has a CTS VSport and Escalade that has vented seats. I can't feel anything different. Hot leather is hot leather. Granted, his Caddys are 2015's, so many of the vented seats issues may be plaguing his seats.

The seat foam cushion has tiny little tunnels in them to move air from the fan to the seat surface. A common issue for these systems is that the foam breaks down and clogs these tunnels, or other debris clogs them. Unfortunately, if that's the case, you'll need to replace the seat foam, which is big $$$. Also, any debris plugging up the perforated seat material will reduce effectiveness.

Another issue is fan failure.

Just because someone likes the vented seats in one vehicle doesn't mean Nissan would put effective vented seats in the Z. It is hit or miss if vented seats work well in different vehicle models. It also doesn't mean they will be reliable, even over a few short years.
I still don't get why you're so firmly against them. It sounds like something you wouldn't even use if the car had it, so what's your concern if it were to have issues?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Maxima going strong six years in Florida…..
Good to hear Nissan can make a decent ventillated seat.
I still don't get why you're so firmly against them. It sounds like something you wouldn't even use if the car had it, so what's your concern if it were to have issues?
I'd be OK if it was a totally separate option for those of you who want it.

I don't need it, don't want to pay more for it, and don't want it on what will eventually become an old car.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Good to hear Nissan can make a decent ventillated seat.

I'd be OK if it was a totally separate option for those of you who want it.

I don't need it, don't want to pay more for it, and don't want it on what will eventually become an old car.
I don't think anybody is saying that every car needs to come with them, so I still don't understand your argument against.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Maybe just move on, I'm not going to see things your way
I have no interest in changing your mind, I'm just saying that your hard line stance against others having an option that you personally don't want doesn't affect you, so I don't understand why you keep voicing your opinion in every thread that mentions vented seats.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Missing a Super Sport trim ==> Sport + LSD, BBK, launch control, Rays, sport tuned suspension, manual seats (better bolsters), spoilers, alum trimmed pedals.

I can add a front splitter and rear plexi spoiler extension if need to for better downforce.
That's called "Nismo"

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
That's called "Nismo"
I was aiming for an in between Sport and Performance. Nismo would fit too, with bumped Hp of course, somewhere close to 500.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I have no interest in changing your mind, I'm just saying that your hard line stance against others having an option that you personally don't want doesn't affect you, so I don't understand why you keep voicing your opinion in every thread that mentions vented seats.
Why does it bother you so much? It's my opinion and I'm free to have it. Move on, maybe? It won't be the last time I say negative things about cooled seats in a Z