The new Z: what's missing?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
i wanted the blue or boulder (2nd choice) without black roof...

i'm sure others might too or to add a black roof to the 3 base options.
I understand, just saying if we a have any hope of keeping the prices low, ordering a car to specific specifications is not going to happen. The more options the more the cars will cost. That’s why I’m saying if it’s not what you want you can always wrap…and given most people are applying some sort of paint protection it’s not a huge stretch to add after sale

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ventilated seats would be much more useful than heated.
Have to say even though I joke I do agree with you.
Getting into a car with leather seats on a hot day is a painful experience even for the fairer sex…but again as I have said numerous time more add ons equals more costs and people are already complaining about the extra 5k above what they thought.

I’m wondering if Nissan is sitting back reading these comments. There seems to be limited intel on price and in depth detail.
Wondering if when they read the posts if they will say….they want it cheaper, leave the specs as they are, or they can handle the higher price if it’s value …let’s give them a little extra.
Or if they say they are not too bad with the price, think we can get away with it and not add anything.

I found it interesting that the cars revealed were actually prototypes with no working starting button, and limited screens on infotainment etc….it seems to me they are still figuring out precisely how to handle us.

All I know is, I would like set prices with weight and what’s included outlined fully along with what month they will be available. Im excited but excitement wears off a little when so much is uncertain. I can deal with a little longer wait if I know what I’m actually waiting for

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
In all honesty, there is very little I would change on the car, but I would like ventilated seats.

If they could add carbon fiber and keep the price under 45, great, if not, then that's fine too.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I found it interesting that the cars revealed were actually prototypes with no working starting button, and limited screens on infotainment etc….it seems to me they are still figuring out precisely how to handle us.
Nissan intentionally disabled the PTS button and nerfed the infotainment to prevent people from starting the car (you're not allowed to without a Nissan rep's permission) or a more savvy person from digging through the infotainment menus to the service screen and checking the build info and options of the HU.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I still don't get the boner for vented seats.

Google "ventilated seats issue" or "ventilated seats don't work". My friend has a CTS VSport and Escalade that has vented seats. I can't feel anything different. Hot leather is hot leather. Granted, his Caddys are 2015's, so many of the vented seats issues may be plaguing his seats.

The seat foam cushion has tiny little tunnels in them to move air from the fan to the seat surface. A common issue for these systems is that the foam breaks down and clogs these tunnels, or other debris clogs them. Unfortunately, if that's the case, you'll need to replace the seat foam, which is big $$$. Also, any debris plugging up the perforated seat material will reduce effectiveness.

Another issue is fan failure.

Just because someone likes the vented seats in one vehicle doesn't mean Nissan would put effective vented seats in the Z. It is hit or miss if vented seats work well in different vehicle models. It also doesn't mean they will be reliable, even over a few short years.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I still don't get the boner for vented seats.

Google "ventilated seats issue" or "ventilated seats don't work". My friend has a CTS VSport and Escalade that has vented seats. I can't feel anything different. Hot leather is hot leather. Granted, his Caddys are 2015's, so many of the vented seats issues may be plaguing his seats.

The seat foam cushion has tiny little tunnels in them to move air from the fan to the seat surface. A common issue for these systems is that the foam breaks down and clogs these tunnels, or other debris clogs them. Unfortunately, if that's the case, you'll need to replace the seat foam, which is big $$$. Also, any debris plugging up the perforated seat material will reduce effectiveness.

Another issue is fan failure.

Just because someone likes the vented seats in one vehicle doesn't mean Nissan would put effective vented seats in the Z. It is hit or miss if vented seats work well in different vehicle models. It also doesn't mean they will be reliable, even over a few short years.
Maxima going strong six years in Florida…..

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Missing a Super Sport trim ==> Sport + LSD, BBK, launch control, Rays, sport tuned suspension, manual seats (better bolsters), spoilers, alum trimmed pedals.

I can add a front splitter and rear plexi spoiler extension if need to for better downforce.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Again, for the tuners and mod guys, it will be changed either way. So, really don’t matter cause you buy these cars to make it your own way (for some peeps)