The new Z: what's missing?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
While the new Z looks to be very strong, there are always compromises being made at this price point. What do you feel could or should have been on the new Z that isn't? And would you be willing to pay a little more for it?

For me, there are three features apparently missing (at least based on my scouring of Nissan's press releases and Dan's comments to date, so subject to correction) that I would pay more for:
  • a HUD. Already on some Nissan vehicles, a HUD is even more valuable on a performance car where eyes-on-the-road is so critical during spirited backroads driving (I'm thinking primarily of the utility of a HUD tach here.)
  • driver-scalable TC intervention as opposed to a simple on-off toggle. This is almost universal on performance cars released in the last few years, even the $30k GR86 has a 5-level TC setup. Essential for providing a level of safety when you want to have a bit of tail-out fun.
  • available oil pressure and oil temperature gauges on the IP. Very useful information for anyone planning to track their car or even push it hard for extended periods.
  • UPDATE: Fliplover notes below that one video shows oil pressure and temp gauges on the IP - great! Maybe we'll get lucky with the TC issue as well.

Last edited:

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Well everyone basically mentioned what I was going to say. I guess I can add no spoiler option on the base model or am I wrong?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
  • available oil pressure and oil temperature gauges on the IP. Very useful information for anyone planning to track their car or even push it hard for extended periods.
At 19:07 it shows oil temperature and oil pressure on the IP. Agree with the other two, though.

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
At 19:07 it shows oil temperature and oil pressure on the IP. Agree with the other two, though.
Great news, I will add that to my OP. Thanks! I even see a differential oil temp gauge there... ?

Maybe the TC levels are hidden in there as well, hard to imagine Nissan would leave them off this car. I want to believe....

Last edited:

kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
Active Exhaust option? like the NPP on the corvette

cooled seats (I wouldn't need them but I hear a lot of people asking)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
For those saying HUD, have you guys driven a car with a digital display yet?
Only reason I ask is the RCZ has digital display for speed etc, I don’t think a HUD is necessary when the display is digital…it’s in your face enough already

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
In this day and age…just wrap it if you don’t like it…probably cheaper than buying it as an option from the factory
i wanted the blue or boulder (2nd choice) without black roof...

i'm sure others might too or to add a black roof to the 3 base options.