Taking my deposit back. Thank you everyone!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I'd go for the Supra if not the AT. The manual is one of the key elements I don't want to compromise. Since Toyota dealers told me "You can put money down, but there is zero guarantee you'll even get a car let alone within a reasonable timeframe" I decided not to go through the same hell all over again.
But if you think about it I kinda got a Supra that refuses to wear a Toyota skin lool. It is a B58 coupe with an iDrive 6 infotainment. 🤣 Of course its rear-wheel-biased AWD vs true RWD but as a Canadian, I'm starting to look at it as a positive.
People are starting to take delivery of their manual Supras. I see more of them landing in the hands of new owners than the Z.

-RJM

OP
OP
nms1s

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
People are starting to take delivery of their manual Supras. I see more of them landing in the hands of new owners than the Z.

-RJM
Isn't that rich? Supras are faster not only on track but on the back of a car carrier as well lmao

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Can't lie, Toyota side stepped and countered effectively after Nissan dropped the combo.

C8 was going to kill the Supra (and everything else) but then Covid hit.

Z was supposed to finish the job, Nissan got too damned greedy with the Covid market and then thirsty ass dealers sure as fuck aren't helping things.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
looks like every car announced this year will be making its way to dealerships before the Z. like i said nissan did a horrible job and the people pushing the car out should be held accountable for a shitty roleout

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
looks like every car announced this year will be making its way to dealerships before the Z. like i said nissan did a horrible job and the people pushing the car out should be held accountable for a shitty roleout
Yep haha. The only two year old car that still has yet to land. (Minus the early adopters of the Proto's)

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
This is only the tip of the iceberg, repos are booming and auctions are trickling inventory out slowly as to not cause a market crash......but they only have so much lot space so that's only going to keep up for so long.

Waiting right now does more than save you a "couple" thousand, it'll save you 10k+ in some cases.... especially on something like a non M BMW
i work for a wholesale auction, thr inventory level is historical high, while conversion is historical low(starts slowly recovering though). this indicates that buyers dont offer money sellers wanna see, and the recovery indicates that sellers finally doing some reality check and accept lower offers. so retail side gonna drop too, already dropping since july, at least in canada. interest rate hikes continue which makes it even harder to sell the car on a retail side

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
It's been awesome getting to know the Z community and hopefully one day I'll get to be a true member of it, but for now I have to say goodbye. I've been waiting for my Z since March and with zero progress since then I gotta pull the plug on this. No VINs, no timeframe, MSRP expected to be increased, Nissan hoping to land a loan for no less than 7%, mixed reviews, winter is coming, etc. With all these red flags I'm surprised I even stuck around for this long.

What will I be getting? Just had the absolute pleasure of driving a 2019 BMW 440i with a manual and the infamous B58 engine. Stole my heart. Only has around 38k km on it and is in pristine condition. The price is great too so I'll be pocketing the difference and saving it for mods instead. So yea, I won't be leaving my BMW family after all. Just upgrading.

To everyone who will be waiting for their Zs, I wish you great patience. I'm sure it will be an amazing car to drive. :cool:
i took my deposit back a few weeks ago and was abit concerned that deliveries would start right after, but now the more i see the shitshow the more i happy i cancelled my preorder😂

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback

-RJM
It’s surprising how fast people are already getting manual Supra’s before Z’s. I wasn’t expecting that to happen at all.

Come on Nissan

7C729469-9F23-4E28-8D8D-563A56E8BD72.gif

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I still have yet to see one in person, at all.

I did see a C8Z driving down Woodward Ave when I was in Detroit earlier this month.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
i work for a wholesale auction, thr inventory level is historical high, while conversion is historical low(starts slowly recovering though). this indicates that buyers dont offer money sellers wanna see, and the recovery indicates that sellers finally doing some reality check and accept lower offers. so retail side gonna drop too, already dropping since july, at least in canada. interest rate hikes continue which makes it even harder to sell the car on a retail side
I was wondering about this as well. I know I was following YourAutoAdvocate and even LuckyLopez - both were talking about how the repos are starting to hit the auctions and then how 1/2 of those cars wind up rolling over as more cars come in - thus making people less willing to buy the cars at inflated prices at the auction. That this SHOULD wind up affecting the retail market and then hopefully the new car market as well.

Hopefully by the end of the year - things MIGHT....MIGHT be back to somewhat normal. And hopefully the interest rates aren't killing us as well