*** street racing ***

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I can recall being on a motorcycle trip with about twenty riders. We were on some interstate through Alabama and came upon a three car accident. Two of our guys were nurses, and they stayed while we rode on to minimize the vehicles on site when the emergency units would arrive.

One nurse told us that he went into the overturned car and found a driver hanging upside down in his seatbelt. They exchanged a couple of sentences, and then the guy died. Even he was shaken up.

My wife has been a nurse for 35 years. She's had several people die in front of her and it never becomes routine.

When I was about twelve, I rushed into an apartment on fire and pulled a guy out. As an adult, I've performed the Heimlich Maneuver on two people and treated a person going into insulin shock at a Burger King (orange juice with lots of sugar).

I say that to say this: take a Basic First Aid and CPR/Heart Defibrillator class. You never know what you might encounter.

Last edited:

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
This was a fun watch

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
When I got hit by a drunk in a Jag, my FD was an accordion.

Somebody pulled over and pulled my big ass out of there, after that moment I make sure I always stop if somebody wipes out.

Always will.
i got rear ended in one of my fd's a few years back. i was stopped at a light and a woman going 55 in a suburban while texting some how got away with it.

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
Fucking PREACH! - these new motherfuckers are killing it for everyone.

The idea was to be low key and not get caught, I've been at the dig spots since I was 4 (thanks to my racing mother) and I was a well known figure in the Detroit/Cleveland/Pittsburg Scene in the Late 90's-00s and Houston in the Mid 00s-Late 10s (I'm semi-retired now lol)

Outside of other car guys / forums you'll never hear me even mention racing.
The cool thing now is to be out in open. Post everything on social media, tell on yourself etc. No more meeting down in the industrial area or the docks at 2AM, just meet at the intersection or freeway during rush hour.

Cleveland. 🫡

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
The cool thing now is to be out in open. Post everything on social media, tell on yourself etc. No more meeting down in the industrial area or the docks at 2AM, just meet at the intersection or freeway during rush hour.

Cleveland. 🫡
Cleveland hunh?

W. 3rd and Quigley
E. 65th and Bessemer
I-90, Dead Man's Curve separates the men from the boys.

;)

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
i got rear ended in one of my fd's a few years back. i was stopped at a light and a woman going 55 in a suburban while texting some how got away with it.
Bruh, my transmission was sitting in the passenger seat - no lie.

I was nasty, fat full af from my first 4th of July in Texas (2005), my 1st wife was Creole so I ate stuff I didn't even know was a thing lol

I was cruising down I-45 and a drunk was in front of me in a Jag XJ, saw how bad he was weaving and bobbing (drunks are a thing on Texas roads) so I dropped a gear to get around him..........they clipped me in the front driver's side and I lost it - hit the concrete head first at about 65-70 mph........in a '93 RX-7 that I just bought 3 mos prior, cash.

I have pockmarks in my face till this day where the windshield shattered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

I was nasty, fat full af from my first 4th of July in Texas (2005), my 1st wife was Creole so I ate stuff I didn't even know was a thing lol

I was cruising down I-45 and a drunk was in front of me in a Jag XJ, saw how bad he was weaving and bobbing (drunks are a thing on Texas roads) so I dropped a gear to get around him..........they clipped me in the front driver's side and I lost it - hit the concrete head first at about 65-70 mph........in a '93 RX-7 that I just bought 3 mos prior, cash.

brutal man...
sounds like you were fortunate to make it out alive. mine wasn't so bad because the light turned green and i was rolling or else it would have been much worse.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

In 1995 I test drove a RX-7, the 2 unique things that stuck in my mind to this day (besides being an amazing driving car) was that it was an automatic (those seem rare, most seem to be MT) and when I'd close the door from the outside, I could see the B-pillar flexing just from closing the door, and I thought to myself "this car must be really flimsy!"

Damn beautiful car though!

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
In 1995 I test drove a RX-7, the 2 unique things that stuck in my mind to this day (besides being an amazing driving car) was that it was an automatic (those seem rare, most seem to be MT) and when I'd close the door from the outside, I could see the B-pillar flexing just from closing the door, and I thought to myself "this car must be really flimsy!"

Damn beautiful car though!
They are called "Rolling Coffins" for a reason lol

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
Cleveland hunh?

W. 3rd and Quigley
E. 65th and Bessemer
I-90, Dead Man's Curve separates the men from the boys.

;)
Back when I was home, I used to run with a couple of guys on the west side. Cruise, meetup, everyone on the same page and chill. Two of the guys I use to run with now run Cars and Wings and Recharge Rally in Cleveland.