*** street racing ***

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I see a road trip opportunity to go to Florida and pick up some sweet rides at great deals !!!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Good. I find what he's showing in the vid to be absolutely idiotic. If you're going to race on the street this is the wrong way to do it. I'll just leave it at that.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
The prob is they shut down our 1/4 mile so people will be Mexico racing more and more .

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Good. I find what he's showing in the vid to be absolutely idiotic. If you're going to race on the street this is the wrong way to do it. I'll just leave it at that.
100%. It's one thing to put your own life in danger, but it's entirely different matter to risk the lives of innocents.

I LOVE his point about the city and leadership getting together and designating a safe area for it. That's the answer, always has been, it just needs to happen already.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
And yet everyone kept going…no one stopped to try and help anyone in any of the cars…that’s terrible
I was thinking the same. How screwed up is that? You just witnessed a horrific crash and just went on about your day like nothing happened. Disgusting.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Let’s not pretend we never did in our early 20s. Now we’re saying, it’s horrible and people shouldn’t do it…

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Let’s not pretend we never did in our early 20s. Now we’re saying, it’s horrible and people shouldn’t do it…
There's street racing and then there's idiots doing dumb shit on the streets. I've been street racing since I was like 19 or 20, but you'll never catch me doing some dumb shit like people are doing nowadays. Only people we ever put in danger was ourselves.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I don't blame people for driving off.
What are they supposed to do?
If it were my wife or son who witnessed, neither could really "help" in any way. And, I wouldn't want them in a dangerous situation where a second accident could occur with them outside of their car. At most, all they could do is pull over and be a witness, BUT, I have done this many times over the years, the police, nor the insurance companies, have never followed-up with me as a witness, and I have noticed that there's usually several people calling 911 at the same moment.

When I am driving my municipal work truck, I will stop and help. I have done it once, my truck is big and full of Whelen LED warning lights, arrow board, I have AED, fire extinguisher, safety gear/hi-vis vest and 1st Aid Kit. My work truck can close 2 lanes if need be. Stuff other people don't have and shouldn't be trying to put themselves at risk without.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don't blame people for driving off.
What are they supposed to do?
If it were my wife or son who witnessed, neither could really "help" in any way. And, I wouldn't want them in a dangerous situation where a second accident could occur with them outside of their car. At most, all they could do is pull over and be a witness, BUT, I have done this many times over the years, the police, nor the insurance companies, have never followed-up with me as a witness, and I have noticed that there's usually several people calling 911 at the same moment.

When I am driving my municipal work truck, I will stop and help. I have done it once, my truck is big and full of Whelen LED warning lights, arrow board, I have AED, fire extinguisher, safety gear/hi-vis vest and 1st Aid Kit. My work truck can close 2 lanes if need be. Stuff other people don't have and shouldn't be trying to put themselves at risk without.
When I was 17 I was driving my little Holden Gemini. The person in front of me was turning into a street, and so I stopped as she waited for oncoming traffic to do so.
The person behind me did not stop and rammed straight into the back of me.
My car was a write off, and I had bad whip lash. The lady in front of me had managed to turn just in time and was oblivious to what had happened.
An older man who was filling his car up at a petrol station at the time, ran over to check if I was ok. As I was young and it was my first accident I was quite shaken and not really thinking when he handed a business card with his name and number on it.
I exchanged details with the driver at fault and proceeded to go to work
Fast forward five years and my mother gets a call looking for myself from the police department. Stating that the lady who was at fault had been taken to court as she had no insurance and my insurance company was suing her for the cost of the write off. She had apparently stated that I had fabricated how bad the damage was and said I must have done more for it to be written off ….thankfully that little card the older gentleman had given me way back then had been kept by my mother (thank god) the police contacted him, he stated the pictures were a true representation of what had happened and that I and the car were not in good shape.
We never heard anything more after that.

Moral of the story…you never know when it might be the one time that a small gesture of kindness could in fact turn out to be so much more ….further more in the above situation, at the very least people should have pulled your one side, called the authorities and waited for an ambulance to arrive.
If that was my child in the car (especially the one not at fault) I would hope someone would be there to hold their hand and try and calm them in their last few moment of life. Even if there was nothing further they could have done

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
There's street racing and then there's idiots doing dumb shit on the streets. I've been street racing since I was like 19 or 20, but you'll never catch me doing some dumb shit like people are doing nowadays. Only people we ever put in danger was ourselves.
Fucking PREACH! - these new motherfuckers are killing it for everyone.

The idea was to be low key and not get caught, I've been at the dig spots since I was 4 (thanks to my racing mother) and I was a well known figure in the Detroit/Cleveland/Pittsburg Scene in the Late 90's-00s and Houston in the Mid 00s-Late 10s (I'm semi-retired now lol)

Outside of other car guys / forums you'll never hear me even mention racing.