Storage Space & Practicality

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I’ve seen people have their dogs in the cargo area of Supras. Do y’all think this is possible for the Z or is it too shallow?

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
I’ve seen people have their dogs in the cargo area of Supras. Do y’all think this is possible for the Z or is it too shallow?
Too shallow, unless you have a chiwawa. Supra has 10.2 cubic feet. A honda civic seden has 14.4 cubic feet. A 370z has 6.9 cubic feet.
D49D9136-6493-49C6-B60E-721FE826E215.jpeg

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Too shallow, unless you have a chiwawa. Supra has 10.2 cubic feet. A honda civic seden has 14.4 cubic feet. A 370z has 6.9 cubic feet.
D49D9136-6493-49C6-B60E-721FE826E215.jpeg
My dog is about that size lol might have to seriously consider the Supra more

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
370Z owner here to answer your questions based on real life and honest experience.

i thought i read somewhere here where they were able to carry an extra set of tires somehow...
I am able to a set of front and rear tires when I swap my winter/summer tires. One rear in trunk, one in between the 2 seats, and the other 2 on the passenger seat facing vertically. It's dreadful for visibility and I wouldn't recommend it unless you only have to drive a few miles. I'll try to remember to take pictures next month when I swap my Summer tires back on so you guys can see exactly what I mean.

Also side note underneath the bottom liner in the trunk is where the full size spare wheel and Bose amp is in the 370Z. I assume the new Z will be the same since the trunk is exactly the same.
Depending on how good the Bose sound system sounds I may potentially have to make the boot space on my Z even smaller lol.
The Bose system is pretty lack luster, but for me personally I'm perfectly fine with it. Don't expect amazing quality sound though and the new Z Performance trim has the same exact system as the 370Z Sport Touring/Touring.
I've seen around the net that the stated depth for the 370z trunk is approx. 30cm/12", but surely that's just the minimum depth? Any idea how much more height is available in the trunk toward the centre of the car?
I'd say that would be closer to the center. The rear is very slim and I can barely fit one rear tire in my trunk while having it fully closed.
Unless you have a small dog like a chihuahua, definitely not. Maybe a pug or french bulldog could fit comfortably that's about it.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I've seen around the net that the stated depth for the 370z trunk is approx. 30cm/12", but surely that's just the minimum depth? Any idea how much more height is available in the trunk toward the centre of the car?
The trunk itself lays flat due to the cover over the spare tire. The only way I can think of to access more depth in the trunk would be to remove the spare tire.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Re: spare tire, when I saw the car at the Miami Auto Show, the door panel sticker said "none" where "spare" was listed.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/2023-nissan-z-debuts-at-the-miami-auto-show.604/post-14206

Yes, it was a pre-production model, but I'd imagine that's something that would be accounted for by now?

spare tire sticker.png
Per the spec sheet only a tire repair kit is included with no mention of a spare. My car came with run flats from the factory so I'm used to driving around without one. Ditched the RF tires the first week I had the car and don't have a repair kit, so I guess if I get a flat I'm calling a tow truck. I'm sure this seems unconventional, but I think a lot of newer cars even without RF tires no longer come with a spare but a repair kit instead.

1643753426469.png

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I've got other vehicles. Judging by how ridiculously small the trunk is in my Q60, I gotta guess the Z is at least as bad.

I only care if I can get some subwoofers in there. My older Z31 and Z32 had lots of room for boom. Seems I'll need to downsize the system.

Oh, and I think the spare is replaced by an OEM subwoofer enclosure. The stereo in the new Z may not be so bad. Nissan has been improving, the current Titan has a really good stereo in it, whereas they used to have the shittiest stereo.

ZedNotZee

Per the spec sheet only a tire repair kit is included with no mention of a spare. My car came with run flats from the factory so I'm used to driving around without one. Ditched the RF tires the first week I had the car and don't have a repair kit, so I guess if I get a flat I'm calling a tow truck. I'm sure this seems unconventional, but I think a lot of newer cars even without RF tires no longer come with a spare but a repair kit instead.

1643753426469.png
Spare tires have not been an option on any of my motorcycles, nor have any come with a tire repair kit. I assembled a kit myself, comprised of a small 12 volt compressor and "sticky string" plus the T-handled insertion tool and rasp. I have (temporarily) repaired many motorcycle tires with sticky string. It works well and is much cheaper than a towtruck. It won't help you if the tire has been significantly cut, and should not be used to repair a sidewall puncture. I have no issues with the new Zed not having a spare tire.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Spare tires have not been an option on any of my motorcycles, nor have any come with a tire repair kit. I assembled a kit myself, comprised of a small 12 volt compressor and "sticky string" plus the T-handled insertion tool and rasp. I have (temporarily) repaired many motorcycle tires with sticky string. It works well and is much cheaper than a towtruck. It won't help you if the tire has been significantly cut, and should not be used to repair a sidewall puncture. I have no issues with the new Zed not having a spare tire.
Nice. I know it wouldn't take much to assemble a kit, I'm just lazy and haven't had any tire issues on this car and actually haven't had a flat ever. I probably shouldn't put that out to the universe but I could use a little adventure right now.

My insurance covers tow cost reimbursement up to 200 miles and I don't take this car far from home for other reasons anyway, so I guess other than the inconvenience of being stranded for a bit and waiting on a tow I've never looked at it as a big deal. I could also throw a spare that would work with a staggered setup in the trunk but don't want unnecessary added weight back there.

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
You can honestly fit a German shepherd in the back trunk of a Supra.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Nice. I know it wouldn't take much to assemble a kit, I'm just lazy and haven't had any tire issues on this car and actually haven't had a flat ever. I probably shouldn't put that out to the universe but I could use a little adventure right now.

My insurance covers tow cost reimbursement up to 200 miles and I don't take this car far from home for other reasons anyway, so I guess other than the inconvenience of being stranded for a bit and waiting on a tow I've never looked at it as a big deal. I could also throw a spare that would work with a staggered setup in the trunk but don't want unnecessary added weight back there.
Because it's a BMW, right?

(couldn't resist, I'm sorry)