Storage Space & Practicality

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
The trunk space looks the same compared to the 370Z. Do 370Z owners have a lot of issues with storage and space?

nissan-z-2023-24-coupe-trunk.jpg

03cd2725d41149ac8f0d7d91ffcb94be.jpg

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
It’s good for a backpack. That’s pretty much it.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Said this in another thread but by putting the passenger seat all the way forward and folded, I was able to fit 2 barstools a few months ago and on another occasion I was able to fit an ottoman (barely).

It can hold a lot but it's shallow.

Edit: this is in regards to the 370Z trunk space

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Wife and I packed for a week at the beach with zero problems in my 370Z. I also carried hockey gear in mine for a while, though the sticks had to go in the passenger seat.

Major benefit from my truck is not having to smell my gear during tournament weekends. It just rots in the bed. That said, when I get my new Z I'll stink it up on beer league nights.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Anyone play hockey? Im wondering if a grit hockey bag would fit ?

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
The opening looks bigger and more useful than the Zupra

2020-toyota-supra-trunk-jpg.jpg
The Supra has a lot of trunk space. It’s so much deeper than the Z. I can fit a baby high chair in the back. The Supra has 10.2 cubic ft while the 370z has 6.9 cubic foot. Not even close. Check your facts before your fanboy logic does.

edit: added the decimals for extra clarity.

94FCEFD5-E88A-4E26-9642-963BFFF5A9D0.jpeg

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i thought i read somewhere here where they were able to carry an extra set of tires somehow...

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Never had an issue with trunk space when I had my 370Z.. of course I never bought the car for its practicality.. but I was able to pack 4 days of camping gear +1 with no issues.
Nice. The Z will be more fun for my family, if we can take it on some vacations and such.

Last summer our BRZ was workable (with some careful packing) for 2 occupants on a week+ trip from Chicago to Colorado (with camping gear and all). And a fishing trip to the U.P. with a cooler and all our gear. The back seat area in the BRZ really helps in those situations.

We pack light compared to most, and hoping the Z trunk space is workable for more than just driving around. Would be fun to drive it out west and zip around on some of the winding mountain roads, if the Z can accommodate our camping/hiking gear and a small cooler.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Nice. The Z will be more fun for my family, if we can take it on some vacations and such.

Last summer our BRZ was workable (with some careful packing) for 2 occupants on a week+ trip from Chicago to Colorado (with camping gear and all). And a fishing trip to the U.P. with a cooler and all our gear. The back seat area in the BRZ really helps in those situations.

We pack light compared to most, and hoping the Z trunk space is workable for more than just driving around. Would be fun to drive it out west and zip around on some of the winding mountain roads, if the Z can accommodate our camping/hiking gear and a small cooler.

Haven't really checked out the back seat of the BRZ.. but considering the BRZ has a back seat and a trunk.. it should have more space than the 370Z. The rear space between seats and trunk in the Z is somewhat useful for a bit of added space. I was able to pack a 6 person insta tent, a medium and a large duffle bag, two sleeping bags, a cooler, case of beer and a bunch of other various stuff in grocery bags.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
It can hold a lot but it's shallow.

Edit: this is in regards to the 370Z trunk space
I've seen around the net that the stated depth for the 370z trunk is approx. 30cm/12", but surely that's just the minimum depth? Any idea how much more height is available in the trunk toward the centre of the car?