takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The car I’m waiting on delivery has a 12/22/22 mfg date and while it’s due 3/31 that date has moved out from 3/10 I think since I placed my deposit. Dealer has been great on communicating and I keep asking if the delay is waiting for a manual trans replacement. He doesn’t think so but....I’m thinking after I bought it then they said “ok let’s schedule the trans swap now”. It was kinda funny the sales guy said when I bought it that now sold delivery may be sooner and the opposite has happened. I’m patient as I got for msrp the exact color and manual I wanted. Plus still cold and snowy in Colorado. Targeting Easter Saturday to pick up and drive home. Unless the date moves out again.

71zman on one of your posts did you say you had some continental extreme contact tires to put on your Z? Did you put them on yet and any feedback vs stock. I have extreme contacts on our Saturn sky redline and they are great tires and sticky vs stock.
I wouldn't be surprised if your shipping delay is related to shipping logistics.
With Nissan struggling financially and not making near as many vehicles as they'd like, they're likely making sure to fill up every shipment with vehicles, as sending a ship across the ocean with empty spots is expensive. Probably takes a little longer to make enough vehicles to fill all the spots. This may also apply to some types of land shipping, like rail ....

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
That’s what the sales guy said as well and probably right. He said they have a pathfinder on the same load.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I wouldn't be surprised if your shipping delay is related to shipping logistics.
With Nissan struggling financially and not making near as many vehicles as they'd like, they're likely making sure to fill up every shipment with vehicles, as sending a ship across the ocean with empty spots is expensive. Probably takes a little longer to make enough vehicles to fill all the spots. This may also apply to some types of land shipping, like rail ....
I think this is the case.
Mine was originally 3/10 and now it's 3/27 due to logistics (Im guessing rail) as my 9AT isnt under any type of stop sale

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I think this is the case.
Mine was originally 3/10 and now it's 3/27 due to logistics (Im guessing rail) as my 9AT isnt under any type of stop sale
I was looking at a Blue/Graphite Performance 6MT that was early April and is now April 21. This one was $10k over MSRP, so I was going to pass. I think it's time to sign off for the next six months.