Stop Sale on Manual transmission 2023 Z

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
There are no recalls or dealer communications from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on the 2023 Nissan Z.
Screenshot_20221006-091335_Chrome.jpg

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
Thanks for this, @Donalex .

Until we see something official via NHTSA, I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread/update the title. Don't want the forum to contribute to any rumors, especially given we've been cited as a source in media, etc.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Not sure if there is a dedicated thread already, but just got this from my local large dealer.

Nissan is I’m sure fixing at least the 2nd gear synchro issue. Ugh the drama continues.

1671918861496.jpeg

No change on status, they sent me this notice we already know😒

1671920075360.jpeg

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
this Z journey has been a crazy rollercoaster ride. i'm glad i didn't wait and picked up my 86. like some here, i have decided that waiting for a nismo would be the better option.

the kinks and issues will hopefully be worked out by the time it's released as well as the car prices normalizing...maybe it could be had at msrp because dealer lots will be full...

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
In the mean time I’ll probably go the route of upgrading my S30 with full Haltech EM and maybe go the single turbo route for more gains.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I think that is kind of bullshit now. They're starting to recall and deliver MT cars. They had held the manual ones for so long and only shipped autos. Maybe that particular early car hasn't received a transmission swap yet? Canadian dealerships are starting to get new demos in finally as of the last week or so, and a bunch of them are MT.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Oh yep I did, few months ago, except this time came directly from my local the sales dept. Hmmm

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Threads merged!

The latest from NHTSA.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2023/NISSAN/Z/2%2520DR/RWD#manufacturerCommunications

November 11, 2022 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: P2A19 2023 Z MAN
Components: POWER TRAIN

NHTSA ID Number: 10226134
Manufacturer Communication Number: P2A19 2023 Z Man
Summary
Manual Transmission

*****Dealer Announcement*****

Nissan is now updating the temporary Quality Assurance hold (PC922) on 174 specific model year

2023 Z vehicles identified in Service Comm to a dealer inventory quality action to replace the 6 speed manual transmission. Due to a manufacturing issue, which has since been corrected, the transmission may grind when shifting into second gear.

Affected vehicles are subject to stop sale and are either currently in dealer inventory or assigned and in transit to the dealer.

***** What Dealers Should Do *****

PLEASE FOLLOW THE ATTACHED INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Verify if vehicles are affected by this quality action using Service Comm or DBS National

Service History Open Campaigns I.D. P2A19

New vehicles in dealer inventory can also be identified using DBS (Sales-> Vehicle Inventory, and filter by Open Campaign).

Refer to NPSB 15-460 for additional information

Some vehicles may still be in transit. Please continue to check newly arriving inventory for applicability.

2. Please do not drive, loan, sell or trade the specific vehicles in dealer inventory subject to this quality action.

3. Use the attached procedure to remedy any vehicles affected by this quality action prior to sale.

4. The service department should submit the applicable warranty claim for the action performed to close the campaign in Service Comm and release the vehicle.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security