Start of factory orders

Euro2JDM

First Name
Yous
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A4
Seeing a trend of dealers claiming either by voice or on website that made to order Nissan Z’s from the factory are available. Thoughts? Also in terms of the many manuals arriving in the east coast, central and west coast; how can we verify if the transmission has been replaced regarding the 2nd gear stop sale? It seems they are flooding in next week through March.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Seeing a trend of dealers claiming either by voice or on website that made to order Nissan Z’s from the factory are available. Thoughts? Also in terms of the many manuals arriving in the east coast, central and west coast; how can we verify if the transmission has been replaced regarding the 2nd gear stop sale? It seems they are flooding in next week through March.
In the U.S., there's no "made to order". Corporate sends out bulletin of available units scheduled to be built, and dealers with available allotments choose. Dealer has two allotments, they get two cars.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
This has been gone through so many times, in the US so far NO direct customer orders. Only dealers get allotments.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
This has been gone through so many times, in the US so far NO direct customer orders. Only dealers get allotments.
Sorry if this also was answered, but do you think the no customer order thing will only be the way it's done initially, or is that likely how Nissan will always operate going forward with this type of vehicle?. I have little experience buying new, but people I know have typically ordered and gotten exactly what they want (don't know anyone though who bought from Nissan).

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Sorry if this also was answered, but do you think the no customer order thing will only be the way it's done initially, or is that likely how Nissan will always operate going forward with this type of vehicle?. I have little experience buying new, but people I know have typically ordered and gotten exactly what they want (don't know anyone though who bought from Nissan).
They're doing it because there's nothing available here as it is. Once Zs are readily available that might change.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Maybe the GT-R could be ordered by a customer, however, Nissan does not offer ordering in the USA.

People are getting confused and spreading misinformation because they are getting on a list with their dealership, stating the trim and options they'd like. They may even be putting a refundable deposit on the list. The dealership gets an allotment, and if what you wanted happens to come in, they'll call you. If you're salesperson really cares about you, they may even let you know a nearby dealership has what you want, and they can attempt a trade.

However, due to ongoing shortages, just because you are on a dealership list doesn't mean they'll sell at or below MSRP. Most dealership will prefer to sell whatever they get at a markup.
This also complicates any dealership trades, because the trade dealership may want a cut too.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Nissan has been doing that for decades. To me, those manufacturers who have steady and plentiful operating profits can sustain a program of build to order sales.

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
Being a GSM of a dealership, I can promise you no orders can be made on any Nissan. The way it works is Nissan will allocate you cars. Depending on quantity, you can sometimes change colors, sometimes change trim levels add a few options. But that is is. And if you are lucky enough to be able to change it to fit closely what you are wanting, the dealership can "add" your name to an oder. Believe me...or else I would have ordered mine in auto/ blue performance. But no...I got stuck with a black on red auto performance. Most of the time it here are 6 Altima's - 4 sr's and 2 sv's. Do you want them?

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
In the U.S., there's no "made to order". Corporate sends out bulletin of available units scheduled to be built, and dealers with available allotments choose. Dealer has two allotments, they get two cars.
My Dealer put in a list of cars they wanted, and got one that wasn’t on the list. Luckily, it’s one I wanted, minus the desired paint color. Luckily, the dealership I’m purchasing my car from, didn’t charge over sticker.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Being a GSM of a dealership, I can promise you no orders can be made on any Nissan. The way it works is Nissan will allocate you cars. Depending on quantity, you can sometimes change colors, sometimes change trim levels add a few options. But that is is. And if you are lucky enough to be able to change it to fit closely what you are wanting, the dealership can "add" your name to an oder. Believe me...or else I would have ordered mine in auto/ blue performance. But no...I got stuck with a black on red auto performance. Most of the time it here are 6 Altima's - 4 sr's and 2 sv's. Do you want them?
I wanted Serian blue as well, but got steel gray. Nissan called me to verify that it in transit on a ship. I will have lighting, interior/exterior added at the dealership. Most importantly, no dealer markup. I’m paying sticker only! :)

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I wanted Serian blue as well, but got steel gray. Nissan called me to verify that it in transit on a ship. I will have lighting, interior/exterior added at the dealership. Most importantly, no dealer markup. I’m paying sticker only! :)
I'm on a smartphone, so can't see what country you're from, are you outside the USA?

I've never, ever heard of Nissan, the automotive manufacturer, calling someone about their delivery....

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I'm on a smartphone, so can't see what country you're from, are you outside the USA?

I've never, ever heard of Nissan, the automotive manufacturer, calling someone about their delivery....
I contacted them via the online chat. They said that they would get back to me on the status of my car. I gave them the vin number, and contact info. They called me back a few days later. I really appreciated their call very much! :)

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I'm in the USA and have never bought a Nissan, and didn't realize until recently they operate that way. I'm particular about certain functionalities and also paint color. Leaving aside initial supply restrictions, it would be a show stopper for me down the road, if Nissan were unable to deliver the exact vehicle I wanted, in a reasonably easy aggravation free transaction.