Start of factory orders

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Being a GSM of a dealership, I can promise you no orders can be made on any Nissan. The way it works is Nissan will allocate you cars. Depending on quantity, you can sometimes change colors, sometimes change trim levels add a few options. But that is is. And if you are lucky enough to be able to change it to fit closely what you are wanting, the dealership can "add" your name to an oder. Believe me...or else I would have ordered mine in auto/ blue performance. But no...I got stuck with a black on red auto performance. Most of the time it here are 6 Altima's - 4 sr's and 2 sv's. Do you want them?

@Jughead are you still going to wait and dealer trade your black Z later in the spring? im still having no luck finding that same car. If you could ever find me a black Z I would make the 6 hour drive.

Maybe the GT-R could be ordered by a customer, however, Nissan does not offer ordering in the USA.
for the GTR they currently try to match allocations (if its sold and the customer has a preference) to whats incoming or scheduled to be built like stated above. however my 2012 was a factory order as it had a kind of crazy story to go along with it. the first one my dealer ordered got destroyed by the Tsunami in 2011 while it was waiting at the port to board a ship. Nissan had to scramble around to replace it which randomly turned out to be the first black edition. In that year all the premiums were built first then the black editions as it was a new trim for that year. they had built 3 black editions in the middle of the premium run and had already shipped them out before the tsunami and I was able to get the first of those. my NISMO was also a special order since it was #1 serial number. I wanted to get the special matte gray color but there were production delays with it and it wouldnt be #1 if it wasnt white or black. I picked black and they chose that to be #1. the white car built before it ended up being a press/media car.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
@Jughead are you still going to wait and dealer trade your black Z later in the spring? im still having no luck finding that same car. If you could ever find me a black Z I would make the 6 hour drive.
If you search Nissan Inventory within 500 miles of zip code 92130, you'll find a few black Zs.

There's a performance manual with graphite interior (VIN JN1BZ4BH2PM310777) at Razzari Nissan, Merced, CA.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you search Nissan Inventory within 500 miles of zip code 92130, you'll find a few black Zs.

There's a performance manual with graphite interior (VIN JN1BZ4BH2PM310777) at Razzari Nissan, Merced, CA.
ive been checking cars.com I live in NC and am looking for 9AT

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Screenshot_20230221-112128.png

This one is out there... pretty far from you.
..at Midway Nissan in Phoenix.

yeah I think I saw that one. probably driving to connecting states would be my limit at the moment. was looking for nashville atlanta anywhere in VA ect since nothing close to what I want is here in NC at the moment. there is one at a different nashville dealer but price isnt listed which im only assuming its way over MSRP.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
yeah I think I saw that one. probably driving to connecting states would be my limit at the moment. was looking for nashville atlanta anywhere in VA ect since nothing close to what I want is here in NC at the moment. there is one at a different nashville dealer but price isnt listed which im only assuming its way over MSRP.
As much fun as it'd be, I can't bring myself to drive across country to pick up a car.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
If you include Florida, you and your new car can hop on the AutoTrain in Sanford, FL and you'll end up in VA the next morning.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last edited:

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
I'm in the USA and have never bought a Nissan, and didn't realize until recently they operate that way. I'm particular about certain functionalities and also paint color. Leaving aside initial supply restrictions, it would be a show stopper for me down the road, if Nissan were unable to deliver the exact vehicle I wanted, in a reasonably easy aggravation free transaction.
You can still get what exactly what you want, you will just have to go to a dealer, tell them and let them locate one from another dealer and swap with them. We have particular people sometimes and we can always find what they want. Worst case is, we have to add one thing here that was missing from the factory (i.e. illuminated kickplates, etc..)

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management

Yes. I am trading my black one for the blue one with a local dealer. I put in requests for an extra one since mine is "pre-sold", so those dealers with the better turn (days in stock) will get priority over the dealers with 10k markup on the lot for weeks or months on end. Fingers crossed. At 1PM Central today, February CPO (current production order) with April build dates open today. If I can get lucky I will try for another black one . I don't have my hopes up, though.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I wanted Serian blue as well, but got steel gray. Nissan called me to verify that it in transit on a ship. I will have lighting, interior/exterior added at the dealership. Most importantly, no dealer markup. I’m paying sticker only! :)
Now it’s on a slow train after leaving the Final Assembly plant in Southern California. Over 2 weeks now. I figure it’s because of delays traversing the mountain passes. New arrival date is April 7th

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now it’s on a slow train after leaving the Final Assembly plant in Southern California. Over 2 weeks now. I figure it’s because of delays traversing the mountain passes. New arrival date is April 7th

Where is yours going? Mine is on a train from LA too. Wednesday it was in Salt lake city heading to Ohio ( I think it actually goes to Chicago or Cleveland then trucked the rest of the way

Final assembly is just the long beach port. I'm not sure if they install the front chin spoiler or of the dealer does it during PDI

Last edited:

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Where is yours going? Mine is on a train from LA too. Wednesday it was in Salt lake city heading to Ohio ( I think it actually goes to Chicago or Cleveland then trucked the rest of the way

Final assembly is just the long beach port. I'm not sure if they install the front chin spoiler or of the dealer does it during PDI
Dallas Texas

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
Seeing a trend of dealers claiming either by voice or on website that made to order Nissan Z’s from the factory are available. Thoughts? Also in terms of the many manuals arriving in the east coast, central and west coast; how can we verify if the transmission has been replaced regarding the 2nd gear stop sale? It seems they are flooding in next week through March.
I had one dealer tell me via email that orders should open up in the next month or so. We'll see