Speaker upgrade - Finally!

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
I ended up getting the Cerwin Vega model someone posted elsewhere on the forum. Should be going in with the Turbo install soon. Even with the ANC and ASE turned off it has nothing to offer. At first turning those two thing off made me happy because I noticed a difference. WHen the wife rides with me though the radio is on and she doesnt like it :D

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
self employed music teacher (at present)
Posted this in a FB Z group.

Found the culprit for the horrid sound. It's the 2 speakers behind the seats. They are a massive 4.5". I bought the spare tire JBL sub and it fits inside that space perfectly. Left the two little 4 and a halfs disconnected. And just like that, I have a respectable sound system.
It isn't going to win audio championships, but for $300 the whole system is sounds much better.
1685373620583.png
Great solution ! Your right. The sport model speakers are terrible. And that's being gentle. Do you know the speaker sizes all the way around in the 2024 sport model Z. I ? HAVE to get something done about those and I want to know what sizes to buy. If you know the depth or even what fits that would be great info. That's a big ask, but I have not been able to nail down the exact sizes of the 2024 sport speakers. Maybe they are different from the Bose in the performance model and above. I would thing they are. I know they are different from previous year's Z's. Possibly in different places as well. Any info would be much appreciated. Many thanks from a happy new owner.

OP
OP

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
Great solution ! Your right. The sport model speakers are terrible. And that's being gentle. Do you know the speaker sizes all the way around in the 2024 sport model Z. I ? HAVE to get something done about those and I want to know what sizes to buy. If you know the depth or even what fits that would be great info. That's a big ask, but I have not been able to nail down the exact sizes of the 2024 sport speakers. Maybe they are different from the Bose in the performance model and above. I would thing they are. I know they are different from previous year's Z's. Possibly in different places as well. Any info would be much appreciated. Many thanks from a happy new owner.
I know the sport had the 4.5's. I would assume the other models are the same??

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
Did this upgrade on mine with the factory Bose system. Made a huge improvement. Also I had the dealer turn off the ASC and ANC.

tempImageAwRrlg.png
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the ASC and ANC ? Many thanks from an old hippy.

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
Meeh.....don't need that stuff. I bought the car for performance and it delivers. Thanks for the reply.
The engine sounds nice as it sits, although I can see some people might want to be able to hear the engine. It is a bit quite for a sports car, but it gives it up when you put your foot down.

Mugzilla

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Sport (MT)
Occupation
printer repair man
@Brett

Speaker sizes on the 2024 Sport are as follows:

2.5" dash. (Can mod the hole to use 2.75".)
6.5" door. Need a new spacer ring.
3.5" REAR speakers. They mount to the body plastic, and even new speakers sound like crap.