OP
c.jizzle

c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2023 Nissan Z (performance)
Any updates on the coilovers. Lookin to buy asap have an installation dat scheduled a couple weeks down the road. Just want to make sure I buy a perfect set without looking beck
I don't get mine installed for a couple of weeks. But @Arashi_z_ has them installed on his Sport Z and he likes them.

Arashi_z_

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan sport z
Hey Todd..whats up chuck (you from fb I think?). Ok I do like them, but I have experienced some clunking in one of my rear shocks. Iā€™ve double checked it and adjusted the dampening to see if it makes it go away. Iā€™m waiting on giving a full review and talking to z1 to see what their solution will be. Iā€™m set pretty low right now, and after my adjustments yesterday and going over train tracks and some heavy bumps, the noise seems to have gone away and the suspension has done a great job at not being bouncy-handles the train tracks really nicely. But, from the clunky sound I had I am slightly concerned about the overall quality of the kit and its long term durability. Really hoping this isnā€™t some renamed Megan racing quality coilover kit.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Alweys nice to hear feedback on aftermarket parts šŸ‘
Which coilovers did you end up purchasing and how did they compare to the stock suspension? As I mentioned before I enjoy the luxury ride quality and do not want to sacrifice one to 4ish clicks as far as the stiffness goes.

Hey Todd..whats up chuck (you from fb I think?). Ok I do like them, but I have experienced some clunking in one of my rear shocks. Iā€™ve double checked it and adjusted the dampening to see if it makes it go away. Iā€™m waiting on giving a full review and talking to z1 to see what their solution will be. Iā€™m set pretty low right now, and after my adjustments yesterday and going over train tracks and some heavy bumps, the noise seems to have gone away and the suspension has done a great job at not being bouncy-handles the train tracks really nicely. But, from the clunky sound I had I am slightly concerned about the overall quality of the kit and its long term durability. Really hoping this isnā€™t some renamed Megan racing quality coilover kit.
[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
c.jizzle

c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2023 Nissan Z (performance)
Yea I'm from FB bro. How low did you drop? I'm only planning on lowering just enough to get rid of any wheel gap, not looking to slam it or anything. I'll probably upgrade to the z1 r-pro coilovers next year (as they are a true coilovers set). The s-pro was always going to be a temporary mod for me. I just didn't want to mount my wheels and have any gap.

Arashi_z_

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan sport z
Yea I'm from FB bro. How low did you drop? I'm only planning on lowering just enough to get rid of any wheel gap, not looking to slam it or anything. I'll probably upgrade to the z1 r-pro coilovers next year (as they are a true coilovers set). The s-pro was always going to be a temporary mod for me. I just didn't want to mount my wheels and have any gap.
Iā€™m the worst, I just go by eye and make sure it all matches. I can tell you that they are not fully slammed. I can get over speed bumps etc fine. Can still fit the low pro jack under the sides. I go low enough for great fitment. We will see how it is when the my zr10s show up. Looking forward to seeing us match a little šŸ˜‚

the original guy Todd, you will like the ride quality. Itā€™s fairly comfortable and not much different than stock. You have easy adjustability with these too, so can always make it softeršŸ™Œ I think youā€™ll be happy

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Ma man! I appreciate the feedback, going to order these asap. Is there a specific camber kit youā€™d recommend? Just got a brand set up Michelin PS4ā€™s installed last week along with a stage 2 tune. Planning on modifying until my quarter mile times right around 10

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Weā€™re the coilovers professionally installed with an alignment and corner balance? Just read over your clunky comment, did the happen after you installed them or hit a bump? Sounds like the overall quality might lacking from reading further unfortunately